Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2022 Toyota Highlander XLE with mud flaps or splash guards included. First trip with my in-laws (first trip ever) which put the total of passengers up to 6. Because of the weight, I damaged one of the mud flaps in a simple uneven surface. Just created this to avoid you guys the frustration.

Really considering finding a smaller version of this part.

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
+1. The OEM mudflaps are more decorative than anything else. It would be nice if it was big enough to really prevent water/snow/etc. from splashing up on the side of the car.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I just bought a 2022 Toyota Highlander XLE with mud flaps or splash guards included. First trip with my in-laws (first trip ever) which put the total of passengers up to 6. Because of the weight, I damaged one of the mud flaps in a simple uneven surface. Just created this to avoid you guys the frustration.

Really considering finding a smaller version of this part.
Hey Zinoberot, thanks for the heads up. I too bought a 2022 with factory mud flaps. What exactly happened and what were you doing that damaged or ripped off the mud flaps on your car. Please describe so we can all be aware of what NOT to do in our Highlanders.

Sorry to hear of this, can't imagine it was because of your passenger load???

Thank you, ;)

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
Yeah, I really don't think the passenger load was enough to notably reduce the ground clearance of the car. It must have been a very uneven surface.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts