Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I do buy my new Highlander I plan on adding a couple of accessories, But I don't want to pay MSRP for these items. Where can I find out a invoice price on the different accessories.

Thanks

·
Registered
776 Posts
When I do buy my new Highlander I plan on adding a couple of accessories, But I don't want to pay MSRP for these items. Where can I find out a invoice price on the different accessories.

Thanks
I am not sure what you are asking here. Do you ask invoice price for the TV that Best Buy is selling? You just have to do your own shopping for prices. There are a number of companies out there willing to sell "like OEM" parts. This being the first year for the generation 3 Highlander, those perfect fit items will take a while to hit the market.

If you have a specific item in mind, share it with us. Maybe we can help by telling you how much we paid for ours.

·
Premium Member
2008 Highlander Base
34,292 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
FYI, I got the running boards for about $480 shipped. Dealerships were asking MSRP and not budging @ $599.

I also got the OEM rubber floor mats and cargo area protector.

I am trying to see if there is going to be a cheaper way to get the OEM hitch. I just can't justify $600 for hitch and harness, even for the OEM version.

·
Registered
Highlander
227 Posts

Thanks
jjach, Consumer Reports has a subscription based report available that gives the invoice price of accessories/options. Might try there.

Reactions: OUS

·
Registered
236 Posts
I got a few quotes from Gary about some accessories. Based on what I've seen online at Amazon and eBay, they were all price pretty competitively, IMO. I ordered the hitch w/o harness and cross bars. Shipping for everything was about $50

·
Registered
2014 Highlander Ltd
174 Posts
So accessories DO HAVE retrievable invoice prices! This old dog learned a new trick today. Now I am off to pee on a fire hydrant.
Absolutely. I have the printed list in front of me; from the driver tech package down to the first aid kit. I purchased my HL at TrueCar's "Dealer Cost" estimate.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Accessory invoice and MSRP prices are on Edmunds and NADA. Try ebay and amazon--there are definitely some good sellers of toyota wholesale parts. I just bought an OEM cargo net on ebay for $37 delivered. I think invoice was $32 and msrp was $49 or something.

·
Registered
2014 highlander limi
62 Posts
Absolutely. I have the printed list in front of me; from the driver tech package down to the first aid kit. I purchased my HL at TrueCar's "Dealer Cost" estimate.

How about a set of rain guards for the 2014 HL....has anyone seen a source for them yet? I got a set from the RealTruck site that they claimed would fit the 2014 HL but they were not compatable...front set too long and rear set too short.

·
Premium Member
2008 Highlander Base
34,292 Posts
Perhaps we should ask Gary if he would be interested in offering deals for 3rd Gen Highlander owners like he did for 2nd Gen. For reference, from the 2nd Gen Highlander forum sticky section:

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/1.../373810-2011-2013-highlander-accessories.html
I sent him a PM asking about HL accessories. Hopefully he does. . . .
I got a few quotes from Gary about some accessories. Based on what I've seen online at Amazon and eBay, they were all price pretty competitively, IMO. I ordered the hitch w/o harness and cross bars. Shipping for everything was about $50
Based on the overall interest in this I'll PM Gary and add my weight to the suggestion.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I installed a different accessory on my Highlander today and it was not even from Toyota.

I installed a coin holder in the removable tray inside the cavernous center console. The coin holder is made for the Honda Ridgeline.

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com...RTL+(SUNROOF)&catcgry4=KA5AT&catcgry5=CONSOLE

Don't worry about year or model--the Ridgeline has never changed.

Thank you for the help posting pics, Sweeneyp!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.