Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Searched here and on Google for this and could not get an answer. Perhaps my searching skills are poor. Does a recent model Highlander have easy entry and exit? In other words, an electronic driver's seat that moves back to allow easier entry and exit to the vehicle?

·
Registered
102 Posts
You’re in luck JMC. Afraid I can only speak to 2017 Highlander Limited platinum. But not only does it have an electronic driver seat but also memory for two different drivers so it’ll adjust the mirrors and seat every time that driver unlocks the car.

·
7,783 Posts
What you can do is program M2 to the way back and open position to get in, and then use M1 as the driving position. Maybe worth trying.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think the Avalon does. I am 44 but do have some mobility issues. Thank you for your responses. Not the end of the world but certainly good to know.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
In addition to moving the seats, some vehicles will also automatically move the steering wheel in and out of position to make entry and exit easier. But that feature depends on having an electronic controlled steering column adjustment, which is not available on the HL (and probably not on any Toyota brand). Not sure about Lexus, but would guess that the LS has it.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I use easy exit in other vehicles, especially if lower, like the Vette and Lincoln MKZ. The HL seat is up high and I just don't find the need for easy exit and such. My LC 500 only does the steering wheel, so I use setting number 3 to move the seat back at exit. Setting 1 after getting back in the car. That as mentioned would work for the HL.

·
Limited
1,557 Posts
In addition to moving the seats, some vehicles will also automatically move the steering wheel in and out of position to make entry and exit easier. But that feature depends on having an electronic controlled steering column adjustment, which is not available on the HL (and probably not on any Toyota brand). Not sure about Lexus, but would guess that the LS has it.
My 09 Caddy had all this fancy stuff. That, and doors that opened up really wide meant an elephant could get in the car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts