Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
VIP
95 MR2
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 Highlander. The stock horn sounds like a japanese one. But the camry has the better sounding horn... sounds better.. I think its on the new lexus also. Why is that?? I want the horn on the new camry. is there a place where I can buy it? aside from the dealer which is extremely expensive

·
Registered
4 Posts
yes! i agree. I've had my highlander for a week. and I really dont like the horn, it sounds so wimpy.

I need a more manly horn

has anyone ever replaced their stock horn?

thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
yes! i agree. I've had my highlander for a week. and I really dont like the horn, it sounds so wimpy.

I need a more manly horn

has anyone ever replaced their stock horn?

thanks

Replaced Horns a month ago

got them on sale at safedrives.com
They are really loud, Some people think they sound terrible but they can't deny hearing them.
Some people jump when they hear it. I have them on my subaru and added them to the highlander.
here's the sound clip
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-vZg_cdITwg

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am also looking for a drop in replacement horn for my wife's 03 highlander. She wants something that is louder and more attention grabbing. What other suggestions are there?

·
Registered
'06 Seinna XLE AWD, '04 Highlander V6 4WD
1,308 Posts
I have one of the horns on my '04 HL 7-pass that sounds like a dying cow! I am trying to disconnect each one and see if it is the low tone or high tone that is bad.

I have not decided if I want to get a Hello 135 db. after market horn or just go to a junk yard and pull a horn off a Tundra, etc. all 12 volt Horns are the same right?? All the aftermarket ones say universal fit for ANY 12 volt system vehicle. Guessing only Toyota has the same plug for the horns CORRECT?

The horns sure are hard to get too on these SUV's!!

·
Registered
'06 Seinna XLE AWD, '04 Highlander V6 4WD
1,308 Posts
Well after using the horn more seems like the low tone is bad high tone still seems clear soounding. Which is the low tone in my '04? The one behind the grill or the one in front of the drivers fender?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts