Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
willchrisusa
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Purchased a 2019 Highlander Limited Platinum Hybrid in Feb 2019. Very pleased with car, but the only way to get voice instructions with Entune Nav mode is to first push the SOS button then push cancel. Afterwards, all Nav voice instructions are clear.
This solution was presented by the dealer's tech rep with the comment that Toyota knows this problem unique to all the Highlander Platinum Hybrids and Toyota is working on it.
So I'm wondering, do other owners with the 2019 Highlander Limited Platinum Hybrid really have this problem? Is Toyota really working on a solution? Will I always need to press SOS to get the navigation voice to work? :frown:
Thanks.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Purchased a 2019 Highlander Limited Platinum Hybrid in Feb 2019. Very pleased with car, but the only way to get voice instructions with Entune Nav mode is to first push the SOS button then push cancel. Afterwards, all Nav voice instructions are clear.
This solution was presented by the dealer's tech rep with the comment that Toyota knows this problem unique to all the Highlander Platinum Hybrids and Toyota is working on it.
So I'm wondering, do other owners with the 2019 Highlander Limited Platinum Hybrid really have this problem? Is Toyota really working on a solution? Will I always need to press SOS to get the navigation voice to work? :frown:
Thanks.
Search for T-SB-0042-19 - Replacing the JBL amplifier fixes the issue.

Regards,
Erik

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks.
Thank you so much for posting this Will Christensen. I am so frustrated with this issue & could not believe my top of the line Limited Platinum Hybrid 2019 Highlander is doing this. I purchased it in July 2019 & on countless number of times either in the middle of driving (this is a major safety concern) I just lost navigation audio or it won’t give any audio from the start of navigation itself. I am truly frustrated with this & seek guidance & help from the group & Toyota. As I searched in blogs I found empirical fixes like pushing starting stopping button twice or SOS button thing above but if is hard for me to imagine Toyota is fooling its customers buying top of the line limited platinum with no proper fixes. I used to be a strong fan of Toyota & that is the reason brought this top of line vehicle from them at top dollars now losing faith. Looking forward to guidance from group. Thank you.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thank you so much for posting this Will Christensen. I am so frustrated with this issue & could not believe my top of the line Limited Platinum Hybrid 2019 Highlander is doing this. I purchased it in July 2019 & on countless number of times either in the middle of driving (this is a major safety concern) I just lost navigation audio or it won’t give any audio from the start of navigation itself. I am truly frustrated with this & seek guidance & help from the group & Toyota. As I searched in blogs I found empirical fixes like pushing starting stopping button twice or SOS button thing above but if is hard for me to imagine Toyota is fooling its customers buying top of the line limited platinum with no proper fixes. I used to be a strong fan of Toyota & that is the reason brought this top of line vehicle from them at top dollars now losing faith. Looking forward to guidance from group. Thank you.
Just take the TSB number to your dealer and have them order and replace the defective part. Shouldn't take more than a week.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just take the TSB number to your dealer and have them order and replace the defective part. Shouldn't take more than a week.
Hi Etkal, I took the TSB to my Toyota dealership & since the car is in warranty period (only 7 months since purchased) they offered to repair also but told me that they can reproduce the loss of audio on navigation. I realize that issue is random sometime I get audio prompts during navigation & sometime not. When they tested seems it worked & send me back home. Today again I used navigation while driving & again there was no audio. I am totally frustrated this seems chicken & egg situation. The issue is random sometimes the navigation is giving audio & sometimes not. The Toyota dealership as well as Toyota is telling me unless they reproduce error they will not do anything. Any guidance is truly appreciated. Thank you for your advice.

·
Registered
32 Posts
The Toyota dealership as well as Toyota is telling me unless they reproduce error they will not do anything.
I found that once the problem stops occurring it is not reproducible again until the vehicle is off for some period of time. Make sure you start the vehicle quickly, i.e. press the brake and then the start button. To verify you can go straight to Easy Speak via the apps menu and see that it is not working. If you press the start button first and then wait a few seconds, then press the brake and then the start button, this works around the problem and everything will be working ok. Since the problem is with the JVC amplifier, if it boots before the vehicle starts this masks the issue, and when shut off I think its power (capacitors in its power circuitry) must drain fully for the problem then to happen again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts