Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where i can get a black overlay kit for the platinum? My dealer told me toyota doesnt make ones specific for the platinum but they do have them for the all of the other trims.

Ive looked everywhere, ebay, amazon, chinese site, aliexpress and taobao.

·
Registered
2021 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Platinum
68 Posts
Does anyone know where i can get a black overlay kit for the platinum? My dealer told me toyota doesnt make ones specific for the platinum but they do have them for the all of the other trims.

Ive looked everywhere, ebay, amazon, chinese site, aliexpress and taobao.
I don't think they exist but an alternative would be to plastidip your existing platinum emblem if you're looking to go for the chrome delete look.

·
Premium Member
2020 Highlander Plat, 2000 Camry LE
2,253 Posts
They don't exist. HyperDip is what I had to do.

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
so removing the emblem, spray and then reinstall right? did you have any issues of alignment when putting them back on?
Nope. Don’t need to remove it. Plenty of videos on YouTube for plastidip on emblems or hyperdip.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nope. Don’t need to remove it. Plenty of videos on YouTube for plastidip on emblems or hyperdip.

Thanks! I honestly thought It was similar to spray paint. Didn't realize it was this easy with minimal clean up.
How does this holdup during washes with sponges and microfiber? and power washers?

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
Thanks! I honestly thought It was similar to spray paint. Didn't realize it was this easy with minimal clean up.
How does this holdup during washes with sponges and microfiber? and power washers?
As long as you have around 5 layers of it it’ll be strong enough. Mine has done well with automated car washes it goes through once to twice a week. Unlimited club. When you spray anything with it, always go an inch wider than it so you can peel it away. Inside the emblem you use a toothpick to get it started to pull out of the middle. It took me twice to get them done right though. First time I went too heavy second time I went light at first and then went heavier.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts