Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My 2003 Toyota Highlander started on its own. No Joke. It does have a dealer installed remote starter but we have not used / or even possess the remotes for this feature for several years. I heard a noise coming from the garage and when I went to inspect I noticed the engine was running and the parking lights were on. As I walked toward the car to look at it further the car just shut off on its own. I didn't even get close enough to touch the door handle. There has been no recent services to believe something got changed or altered to the car. It only has approximately 21,000 miles on it. Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
639 Posts
If you have a closed attached garage get it fixed or disabled immediately. Or at least park it outside until you figure out whats wrong with it. If it starts in a closed attached the garage at night the carbon monoxide it generates can easily kill you and your family in a few minutes.

·
2005 HL Ltd. 4WD V6
535 Posts
bad

I agree - get this fixed immediately and park outside! I wonder if one of your neighbors has a remote that works at the same frequency as your unit. Get that thing disabled properly - meaning, remove the control module from the remote starter.

·
Registered
'06 Seinna XLE AWD, '04 Highlander V6 4WD
1,308 Posts
If you want the feature the dealer or person you bought it from shoudl be able to find the manufacture on the control unit to get more remotes!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts