Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently picked up my Highlander Platinum and was looking to install cross bars. On the Parts.Toyota.Com site, they are reporting that they are no longer available. Has anyone heard what is going on? Is it just a part shortage? Are they redesigning them due to wind noise? etc... I contacted 2 dealers and Toyota brand engagement and nobody could tell me anything, so I figured I'd turn to the people in the know.

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Circle

·
Registered
30 Posts
Recently picked up my Highlander Platinum and was looking to install cross bars. On the Parts.Toyota.Com site, they are reporting that they are no longer available. Has anyone heard what is going on? Is it just a part shortage? Are they redesigning them due to wind noise? etc... I contacted 2 dealers and Toyota brand engagement and nobody could tell me anything, so I figured I'd turn to the people in the know.

View attachment 348733

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, That site appears to show both versions of cross bars as available although the parts.toyota.site only shows the L/LE version available. I'm going to assume the parts.toyota site is wrong even though brand engagement said if that's what it said - then they aren't available and the dealer parts people would get the same information.

Looking into it further, all the dealers that you can link to from the Parts.Toyota site show the part as not available, but going to their individual sites about half of them showed it as available. I'm going to attempt an order on an individual dealer site and see what happens. Using one of the authorized parts.toyota.com dealers gives the discounted price and they have a coupon for free shipping this month.

·
Registered
2021 HiHy Platinum AWD
1,159 Posts
Had no issues ordering them from the dealership where I bought my car 3 months ago

1 - 6 of 6 Posts