Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have trouble with the ‘AUTO’ headlight position not kicking in on their HyHy? Ours is a 2017 limited, and on a recent trip to Florida no lights came on in a heavy, dark thunderstorm. After that we noticed that our DRLs were no longer working either. The problem seems intermittent so guessing a bad connection, but dealer could find nothing wrong upon our return. Yet when I got in the driveway back home afterwards no DRL again! I called my service rep to tell him I was on the way back, but by the time I backed down the driveway they can back on! As I said, sounds to me like it has to be a connection issue and pretty upset my dealer didn’t look at that (I have no idea where to start the way everything under the hood is covered up). But not sure if that would account for no headlights as well when it got dark in that storm. Taking it to a different dealer next.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Definitely an electrical issue somewhere. Could be either a problem with the stalk; a problem with one of the harnesses; or a failing BCM. It's so freaking hard to diagnose intermittent opens.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Understood. But dealer better be able to fix because this is a definite safety hazard that needs to be addressed or recall issued depending on the cause. Once accustomed to auto headlights it’s really hard no to expect them to be on, and by the time you realize, at dusk where you may have other lighting on the road, that they are not on it may be too late!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts