Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Millions &millions served
2013 Camry SE
8,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased Azera instead of Camry (poster "cookoo")

I've read a lot about new Camry and saw it several times on the street, but never been inside of this car. The front design was a little bit strange to me but I already decided to buy a Camry and I took my wife and 2 kids together to Toyota dealer last Sunday. When I opened the door and looked inside, I'm so disappointed on the interior quality. This is not the Camry what I expected. I bought a Camry 10 years ago and the fabrics and the finish were so good at that time. 2007 Camry is acceptable on the outside design, but the inside finish is not the way it used to be. I can feel sharp edges on inside door handles. Cheap and flimsy temperature adjusting knobs and cheesy back seat cup holder made me not even want to test drive this Camry. Even my 11 years old kid said it's interior looked like a "Barbie Car."
I was looking for another car and found a Hyundai Azera. I never thought I'm going to buy a "Hyundai" for my next car because of the name brand. But when I took a look Azera in and out, I'm so impressed by it's finish quality. All the touches that I saw on past Toyota is now on this car, Azera. Car seat materials, ceiling fabrics, spacious interior, and every meticulous switches/buttons are very satisfactory. I took a test drive and it was so quiet and powerful. I purchased Azera SE on Sunday night and I'm very happy with my decision. If Toyota made Azera and Hyundai made Camry, I would say Azera should be at least twice more expensive than Camry. Everything is changing. We will see it...

the hyundai azera has got to be one of the ugliest car out there!

·
aka: DaCubanSkillz
2007 Toyota Camry
119 Posts
I actually looked at the Azera before the Camry because I would of gotten a discount for being a repeat customer (wife has a 2007 Santa Fe). But it was out of my price range. I will admit the interior of the limited edition is nice (only ones they had on the lot), but I can't really comment on other models. But I wouldn't say the Azera is 100x's better then the Camry. When I've taken the Camry to the Hyundai dealership so my wife can leave her truck or for a pickup, guess who's car everyone eyeballs while it sits there, sure isn't the Azera..lol.

·
Learn to Swim...
96 Camaro, 94 Camry
207 Posts
ha...i think the new camry's are fugly on the outside...liked the previous gen a lot better

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
blackedcoupeLE said:
ha...i think the new camry's are fugly on the outside...liked the previous gen a lot better

May be true to some but but over 400K units were sold for '07.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Anyone else think the previous generation Camry's interior looks better than the new one?

The new one is very nice...but every one seems to have a little too much aluminum looking plastic for me.

·
Registered
438 Posts
i had a 98 camry LE before my 07 LE and I liked the interior on my 98 camry better (except for the carpet stains) but I still think my 07 is very nice inside :thumbup:

·
Registered
91 Posts
I never liked the Camry until the 2007 came out. We had two Alvalons before this and they were great cars but I really like the new Camry. My wife is driving a $45,000 Acura because the navigation system works when moving but she even agrees my Camry has less road noise than her Acura.

·
2007 Titanium Camry CE
191 Posts
I for one found the '07 interior sucks. Be it CE/LE or XLE. The most boring part is the passengar side console. The curve makes me feel like I'm driving an old Buick.

I like the exterior a lot more than the Gen5 though.

·
Ninja-rator
4,262 Posts
I like the gen 6s more than the gen5. It looks like it went on a diet and can run a triathalon as opposed to eat donuts for the gen5

·
Registered
Camry SE
167 Posts
I dont mind the interior on my SE atleast its not all just plan black. Its nice to have some kind of color scale atleast. Only thing i dont like is the interior chrome door handles I remember on the corolla 3 years afterwards that shit pilled off and looked really bad. Other than that I love the way the new camry looks. the Gen5 do look good but i like those that are modded better than a stock looking one.

·
Millions &millions served
2013 Camry SE
8,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
maybe im biased but, yeah i'd have to say the gen6 is the bestlooking (ext/int) of all the gens. gen5 interior looks too bland - looks like a minivans int. 07s looks and feel tighter/sportier.

·
SEcond Rate Products
406 Posts
Gen 6 is best, but the Toyota Aurion Sportivo interior is much better ;)

if you don't know what that is, save yourself the grief and heartache, and don't look it up. You'll only die a little inside when you see what other countries get.

·
Future Toyota Engineer
2006 Camry XLE
156 Posts
I like the gen5.5's exterior more, but the gen6 still has all the advantages.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts