Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The HILLHO
MR2-91T
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Weatherly Hillclimb is run in Spring and Fall. This 1 mile technical course features an incredibly steep turn/wall at Turn 3 that makes grip near impossible at crest as car unloads. Then a blind jump at Turn 5 prior to last turn and finish. Then diving down the backside of the hill. Enjoy the ride!

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
that looks like a ton of fun!!

·
There is no substitute.
8,027 Posts
Wow... was that thump your car bottoming out? Did you get lift off at all? :lol:

·
The HILLHO
MR2-91T
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You do catch air, though I try to minimize launching. Here's a spectator view from the Turn 5 jump at Weatherly.

Weatherly's infamous Turn 3 known as The Wall has to be seen in person to comprehend. This helps show the magnitude of the incline!
(This was in my stock 93 - suspension)

I found this link of cool photos from the event - The Wall

Here's a view from The Wall. Cars coming down, then racing up.

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
yeah, that's a pretty tight turn for sure

we have a "road course" just like that here in the Toronto area, except that it's really a residential neighbourhood, and there are no guard rails. The turn that we have is even tighter though, so you can't keep as much speed going through it

·
still chuggin' along
1981 Corolla SR5
234 Posts
that looks like amazing fun. I wish something like that was close by me, would have been awesome to test my FC before and after my recent suspension changes

1 - 9 of 9 Posts