Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
Am new in this forum and would like to share experience with you geys. I got tierd finding high performance fuel injectors for my hilux 2010 ( 2TR-FE ). They are longer than standard injectors, i believe they are made only for hilux execlusively. If fact, i upgraded my ride with turbocharger and would like to improve the fuel system. i bought Bosch external fuel pump and smaller fuel tank, but i couldn't find injectors that fit this engine !!!
Is there anybody could guide me where could i find high performance fuel injectors.
Another question, Is there any photo guide for installing FCD ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello and :welcome:
I'm interested in 2TR-FE & 1FZ-FE engines and I hope you tell me more about your turbocharger, I would be grateful alot.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2tr-fe

Thank you for your welcome..
Regarding the 2TR-FE, don't ask me man. It's a strange engine, however it's reliable engine as most of mechanical talk.:eek:
i said strange, coz i couldn't upgrade the fuel injectors. they are longer than other available injectors in the market :confused:. it's around 4" long !! And no other engines uses these injectors. So, forget to upgrade fuel systems :thumbsdow.

In terms of turbo, the engine broke down few days ago. due to fluctuation in boost :ugh3:!! I don't know the reason, it occurred suddenly when i was going for a picnic last weekend. The boost was raising upto 25psi especially in gear 4 and 5, while 1,2 and 3 nothing. So, during these days in weekends, there was no mechanics to look at it. I checked it by myself if there was any leakage or any irregular condition of engine and turbo parts. But I didn’t see any suspicious issues :smokin:.

The, when I was driving back home, suddenly the engine broke down and all the internal parts, pistons and rods get out of the engine and blown a white smoke :headbang:. It’s the first time happened to me during my over 25 years behind the wheel.

Am sure it’s not from the engine weaknesses points, but some part wasn’t functional properly and I didn’t discover it. So shit happens :naughty:.

Second week point, is the head cover. Is made of plastic !! the first experience got meld and consequently oil leak, due to turbo heat :thumbsdow. It was a bad design for manifold, which made the turbo close to head cover. Then, I took it to another garage who design better manifold to keep the turbo far from head cover :thumbsup:.

This is my experience about 2TR-FE and hope I answered some of your questions. Please forgive me for my English, coz it’s not my mother language :clap:.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello again and thanks a lot for these valuable information
Sounds like bad news about your car
Anyway I'm ganna keep searching for camshafts and I will let you know then
Good luck

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2tr-fe

You are most welcome.. If you need any assistant or help, don't hesitate to contact me at [email protected].

I have many mechanical parts that related to 2TR-FE, don't worry without charges, just pay for shipping if i have the desired part.

i rebuild the engine with new block and ordered Alpine supercharger, you know i started to heat turbos !! it kills the engine

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
2 Participants
dhabiani
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing