Toyota Nation Forum banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Boondock Saint
280 Posts
You forgot the little known celica camry that existed from 1980-82. It was rwd and the special edition model was equipped with the 2S-E motor of the 1983-86 camry.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Is there a place to go to get full model statistics. For example, how many Camrys were made with V6's ,how many 4 cyl, how many V6 5 speeds ??

·
2010 Camry SE V6
2008 Camry LE
3,152 Posts
If you add the 2005 and 2006 dont forget about the partial zero emissions engin

·
Best in the West (aussie)
Landcruiser 2003,SV2
35 Posts
"Camry grew up for 1992. The third generation model was larger in every dimension than the previous model, and Camry became classified as "midsize". Engines were now 2.2L four-cylinder units (producing almost as much power as the previous V-6, but with four-cylinder economy), and 3.0L V-6s. Due to dwindling sales and high engineering costs, Toyota dropped the All-Trac model. Domestic production soared and TMM became the sole production facility world-wide for the Camry station-wagon."

This is incorrect. I was employed at AMI Toyota at the time in Australia. We were producing wagons and did so untill the introduction of the GEN 4.

·
Registered
Look in sig
8,994 Posts
Hmm..

That history is the one for United States. The Toyota Camry Wagon (a.k.a Toyota Camry Gracia Wagon in Japan) went up to Gen4. If your interested in how it looked, it looked something like this (got this one below off web)

(2001 Model)

I also have 2 pictures of the Gracia that I took in Japan. I must say the Camry Gracia is more "nicer" as the Japan/Asia model has the fog lamps with the chrome trim going around the car. From what I heard, they didn't put the Gen4 wagon on the U.S market because of the poor sales from the Gen3 wagon.

·
Registered
68 Posts
The Toyota Camry has indeed come a long way! And take note, they have one of the most excellent auto parts and accessories in the market together with the wide availability of Toyota parts not only in local stores but in the net as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi complete noobie here. blast me if this is in the wrong place. i have been told the toyota scepter is essentially a toyota camry. Is this true, if so how does it fit into histroy?

21 - 40 of 58 Posts