Toyota Nation Forum banner

Hit a dear last night

2004 Views 20 Replies 18 Participants Last post by  75cruiser
I hit a deer last night and it screwed up my front bumper. Does anyone know where i can get replacement parts at a decent price??

Thanks!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· My Other Truck
4,024 Posts
jboogie said:
I hit a dear last night and it screwed up my front bumper. Does anyone know where i can get replacement parts at a decent price??

Thanks!
Sure hope you hit a deer and not a dear! :lol:

Sorry, couldn't resist. Also sorry you hit one of those pesky road hazards....

Post your location (where the heck is ATX?), it might help. I know a great parts guy in the PNW...

· Registered
'06 Prerunner TRD
1,093 Posts
Dang... I can't imagine... I drive a road with tons of deer everytime I go fishing... makes me nervous... I guess worst case you get some very expensive venison chili! HAHAHA Just kidding by the way....

I say use the money and get an ARB bumper so if you hit on again you can just hose it off...

· Registered
457 Posts
Fluxaholic said:
I think ATX = Austin, Texas. Deer are like rodents around here.

nevermind moving there.... ill stay in norcal instead

· Registered
06 Tacoma DC 4x4 LB
128 Posts
We went hunting west of Austin last weekend and on the way up to the ranch we saw about 30 deer on the side of the road grazing. We were lucky and none of them decided to run out in front of us.. And to let those of you that don't know I believe it is illegal to take a deer if you should hit one.

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I guess i was kinda lucky because it only messed up the lower bumper cover and fog light (things i can replace/fix). I pulled the dented in part out the best i could.

BTW.. I never knew deer smelled as bad as they do.. I dont know if its brain, guts or crap thats putting off the odor but i cant seem to get rid of the smell.. Its fading or Im getting used to it..

Forgot to mention that i have a X-Runner.. I dont think the ARB bumper thing will look very good on the X :)

· Forumatic Immunity!
05 Taco DC LB V6 TRD
3,765 Posts
jboogie said:
Forgot to mention that i have a X-Runner.. I dont think the ARB bumper thing will look very good on the X :)
:lol: do it anyway, it will be the toughest X out there.:cool:

· Registered
277 Posts
Try on line keystone automotive.

Im sure they will have the bumper inexpensive. They sell there parts, new, to dealers and body shops and dont charge the public a higher price either. They will deliver ups also.

· Unleashed....
2005 Tacoma V6
212 Posts
jboogie said:
BTW.. I never knew deer smelled as bad as they do.. I dont know if its brain, guts or crap thats putting off the odor but i cant seem to get rid of the smell.. Its fading or Im getting used to it..

yeah get the ARB bumper...your X will need that for the next deer :naughty::lol:

you can probably wash off that stinky smell w/ diluted vinegar

· Red Headed Slut
1,845 Posts
Damn that sucks about the deer.

Speaking of which, I've seen probably at least 30 of them several times roaming around in the field in front of my house, in my driveway, and in my yard. The damn lady up the hill from me feeds them. So of course they flock to our house because of it. I don't know how many times I came close to hitting one just leaving my house.

· The Original Mofo
91 4Runner SR5
588 Posts
at least you weren't driving a camry

damned Camry owners love dem deer

· Badassness
2005 Tacoma
513 Posts
BillBrasky said:
:rolleyes:
No offense, dude, but the last time I was in tejas, will be the last time I was in tejas.
lol :lol: Same here, no offense to anyone who lives there, but as soon as I got there I couldn't wait to get back home.

I agree, put an ARB on the X, someone should photoshop one on just to see what it looks like.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.