Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hit a deer last night in my 17 Corolla. Where is the best places to get cheap parts? The headlamp, hood, passenger fender are 100% destroyed. I would like to fix it as cheap as possible.
Vehicle Car Wheel Tire Grille

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Car Vehicle

·
Super Moderator
1995 T100 2WD & 1993 MR2
16,096 Posts
Carid, Carparts, for new that you can paint with a rattle can OEM color kit or check car-part.com for salvage yards, might find what ya need in the correct color.
Just Google time, Ebay, rock auto, amazon. just thinking more for budget than OEM quality.

·
Registered
2021 Corolla SE CVT
213 Posts
I take it your insurance is liability only? It looks like a lot more than cosmetic damage, lost of structual parts up there that are going to need to be cut out and replaced. looks like a lot more than just the bumper cover, hood, and outer fender. everything on the inside of the fender too, radiator support or whatever you call that part that bridges over the radiator. etc.

·
Super Moderator
1995 T100 2WD & 1993 MR2
16,096 Posts
Unless your equipped and have some body work background or talent thats pretty much past being DIY.
Don't know the specifics of OP's car but in this market, retail is between $15k and $17k.
Worth fixing if he wants to keep it. Tough market to change rides in.

·
Banned
5,295 Posts
How fast did you hit that stupid creature?
I've seen quite a few small ones hit dead on the shoulder recently but been awhile since a big one

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was going 70 mph when I hit it. I only have liability unfortunately. It definately bent and twisted the core support but fortunately nothing is leaking and everything still functions just fine. I'm thinking I will just bubba fix it with just the parts it absolutely needs because there is no way Im going to spend 8k+ to fix it. Yes new OEM parts are expensive like the headlamp is $900 but I can get a used one in the $200 range. It sucks because this car was really nice before this happened. Honestly I'm lucky I only hit his back end with the corner of my car or it probably would have destroyed the entire car.

·
Premium Member
2021 Avalon XSE Hybrid
7,167 Posts
Damage is at least 8K at a body shop.
The entire passenger side wheel well, strut tower, and radiator support need to be replaced or pulled out way before the hood, fender, and headlight can be replaced.
+1
That's beyond DIY unless you happen to own a body shop.
Submit it to insurance... it could possibly be totaled depending on the amount of damage to the suspension support structure.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Definitely! Can anyone help me find the right part numbers for my car? I'm looking at headlamps but there appears to be several different styles. Mine is a 17 LE, are they the same 17-19 LE? All the ones I'm looking at look different.

2017-2018 TOYOTA COROLLA Right Headlamp bi-LED OEM | eBay

·
Administrator
マズダスピード3
16,521 Posts
Use car-part.com, LKQ, and row52.com to search in your local area to source your parts.

I just googled for the core support. You can order a new one. But if you can, post images with the hood up.

Any further damage behind the headlight?

·
Administrator
マズダスピード3
16,521 Posts
I cant get the hood to open yet.
What happens when you pull hood release cable? If no resistance, the cable came out of the hood release. See if you can insert a long breaker bar through the missing headlight to reach the hood release.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I bought a used (81110-02M70) headlamp that is in good condition for $100 ... so 1 part down.

When I pull the hood release it acts like its doing nothing. It pulls all the way up but nothing happens

I bought a new Keystone fender for $154.

·
Administrator
マズダスピード3
16,521 Posts
When I pull the hood release it acts like its doing nothing. It pulls all the way up but nothing happens
The other end of the hood release cable got damaged by the accident. You’ll have to use force to get to the hood latch then.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts