Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading a lot of reviews about what hitch fits the hybrid version, I am very confused. We would like to instal a hitch on our hybrid 2016 XLE AWD for a 2-bikes holder.
Could you recommend some ? Thank you!

·
Registered
2019 XLE Premium AWD
439 Posts
There's no difference in the gas and HV models for the hitch, the HV takes the same hitch, I have a Curt 13149 that I originally bought for a '15 Limited, removed it when I traded it in and put it on my '16 Limited HV, still have the hitch if you're in my area. The only difference between the gas and HV as far as the towing(aside from tow capacity) is concerned is the 12 volt battery is in the rear, so running a line to the battery for a tow harness is much easier.

https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Hitch/Curt/C13149.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI3YP12YHB4gIVhsVkCh1WaQTpEAAYAyAAEgI0wPD_BwE

·
Rabid RAVer
2018 RAV4 Hybrid AWD
5 Posts
I have the Curt C13149 Trailer Hitch Receiver installed on my hybrid. See my garage for pics. No issues putting it on although I did have to do a minor trim on a plastic bolt cover attached to the undercarriage to get it on.

·
Registered
2001 Camry LE
657 Posts
Curt is pretty much the industry leader for hitches. They are good quality.

·
Registered
48 Posts
The hitch isn't much of an installation issue for retailers. It is the wiring hookup that can take "too long".

·
Registered
2001 Camry LE
657 Posts
True - the wiring is the potentially hard part. You don't have to worry about wiring for a bike rack, though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts