Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
"The Mighty Gen3"
91 SW20
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where to get a new HKS SMF filter? Mine is getting old and I can't find one anywhere. Not even eBay-????:disappoin

·
3SGTE & 1GRFE
MR2 Turbo, Taco Dcab
793 Posts
is that the green foam filter?

-Mike

·
Registered
91 Turbo Mr2
165 Posts
ive got an hks intake ill sale u brand new in the box still covered in plastic

·
"The Mighty Gen3"
91 SW20
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JekylandHyde said:
I would suggest just about any other filter than HKS - especially the green foam ones.
If you already have an adapter for the AFM, just a buy a K&N cone with an appropriate mounting opening.
So you're saying that the HKS super filter isn't as effective as the Apex'i intake?

And as for wvturbo2:

I already have one, but I just need to find a replacement.

Thanks for the inquiry though. :)

·
"The Mighty Gen3"
91 SW20
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't think I made myself clear on this. I already have the HKS SMF system, but I just need a new replacement filter for the SMF. But, to your reply Jekyl and Hyde, I was thinking of switching from hks to apexi and gave thought to the K&N. I'll look into it, thanks.

·
3SGTE & 1GRFE
MR2 Turbo, Taco Dcab
793 Posts
the HKS doesn't filter worth a crap. get the Apexi, you and your car will thank you later. :)

-Mike

·
Boosting 15 psi :)
1991 MR2 (jap turbo)
507 Posts
Im actually about to put a used Apexi intake kit up for sale. Im taking it off my car tomorrow... ill have pics maybe the day after. Let me know if you are interested.

·
3SGTE & 1GRFE
MR2 Turbo, Taco Dcab
793 Posts
taken from www.koracing.net: " This intake will allow full air flow into the Street Brawler turbo kit using a 9" long cone air filter, mandrel bent 3" tube and 45 degree silicone hose with clamps. For use when converting from Mass Air to Speed Density."

so no, it won't fit the stock turbo if you're still using the AFM. the apexi kit will fit the AFM.

-Mike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts