Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Young At Heart
1993 Mr2
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okso even though I have the Greddy S BOV, I opted to purchase the HKS SSQV. I also purchased the kit for the mr2 from eagle day. I am still unsure how to install the BOV to the end of this damn thing......I am running outta ideas. Any help... It is the last adapter on the page and says mr2. Also I will be parting from my Greddy s with rs cap and removable horn. Anyone wanna buy it, I can work something out. http://eagleday.stores.yahoo.net/muad.html

·
Registered
219 Posts
Zz_005_zZ said:
I opted to purchase the HKS SSQV. I also purchased the kit for the mr2 from eagle day. I am still unsure how to install the BOV to the end of this damn thing......I am running outta ideas. Any help... It is the last adapter on the page and says mr2.
i installed the ssqv on my mr2. i am just confused on where you are stuck. can you take a pic? it was like 2 years ago so my memory is a bit foggy but i took it apart a few months ago to install a different color insert (purple) to change up the sound a bit.

as a side note, i have the greddy rs on my mazdaspeed miata and think it is a MUCH better vta bov. i have heard it on a mr2 on a dyno and it truly sounds sick.

·
Young At Heart
1993 Mr2
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
keck03 said:
i installed the ssqv on my mr2. i am just confused on where you are stuck. can you take a pic? it was like 2 years ago so my memory is a bit foggy but i took it apart a few months ago to install a different color insert (purple) to change up the sound a bit.

as a side note, i have the greddy rs on my mazdaspeed miata and think it is a MUCH better vta bov. i have heard it on a mr2 on a dyno and it truly sounds sick.
I can't take a pic yet as I haven't recieved the mr2 adapter from eagle day. But where I am confused is at the adapter. it would appear that after the adapter there is a rather long neck...This I suppose is where u would weld the HKS flange onto?? But then there is the problem that the flange is made for the side of a pipe as if though u were to cut a hole into the IC pipeline, and weld the flange on there.... but the whole reason I purchased the adapter is so that I could place the new BOV in place of the bypass valve the mr2 comes with. Therefor being able to reinstall the bypass valve if I wish to. or if I decide I wanna go with a different style BOV that would require a different flange. So how do u weld a rounded flange onto a straight hole ? Is there yet another peice that I need???/ seems like an awful lot just to put on a damn BOV??

·
Young At Heart
1993 Mr2
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also

as a side note: I have yet to order the HKS flange as my concern for (if it is the right one or not) When I get a flange to weld onto what I need....... how does it attach?? does it screw in with the C-Clip? or pop in with it or what??or does this also need to be welded?

·
Registered
219 Posts
there should be a bolt on adapter for the mr2. then you just stick a rubber o-ring on the cylinder part that goes into the hotpipe. a screw holds it tight. it goes right into the stock location for the stock bpv. why are you welding? if you buy the mr2 adapter, then you could bolt it on and off in like 5 min. all you need really is a universal joint to get at the bolt underneath.

hope this helps. will check again tmrw. i can take a pic this wknd if you want.

·
Registered
219 Posts
i just checked the adapter. the part with the black ring is the part that goes into the hotpipe. the opening is for the screw. i would email eagle day and ask if the hks bov just snaps onto the longer end or if it needs to be welded. i have a feeling it does not b/c the bov itself feels kinda thin. i would be a little concerned welding the bov itself.

i would imagine the c-clip holds the bov against the flange but i would def double-check.

·
Young At Heart
1993 Mr2
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok so now u see what I was saying... I believe that I need to purchase the Flange to weld onto the bolt on adapter, I am just worried that I won't have enough clearance? Would i hit another peice in the engine bay?

·
Registered
219 Posts
have you contacted eagleday yet? i still think the hks mounts directly to the longer tube with the c-clip that comes with the hks flange.

tmrw i am ressureecting my car for a winter meet. i will take some pics of mine and measurements.

·
Young At Heart
1993 Mr2
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks keck...I had a friend of mine take a look at all of it. And pointed everything out for me. It is what I thought after talking to you the 1st time, but I just h8 doing stuff that might be irreversable ya know?? But all is well and good now... so thank you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts