Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wondering if I can get yalls opinions!

I still have my Alpine sound system from my S. I pulled it out before the insurance took it away when I had the accident

I was running

SPS-600 : 6 1/2"Front Speakers
SPS-609 : 6x9 Rear Deck Speakers
SWR-1223D : 12" Type-R Sub
MRP-F300 : 300watts powering all four speakers
MRP-M500 : 500watts powering the sub

I have the factory JBL set-up running in my Xrs right now, but I want a little more bass. But the problem is

- Swap out the JBL and put my Alpine back in? and deal with selling/trading the JBL?
- Keep the Sub and Amps and go back to the Custom trunk setup? and just sell the speakers?
- Sell the system and get a sub that will tuck to the side and won't take as much space but won't get as much bump as the Type-R of course.
- Any other opinions you guys have?

I really loved the system, definitely had more than enough bass, and since the subwoofer handled all the bass, the highs, vocals of the songs I played sounded good since the speakers handled it. But if I do end up putting the Type-R back in, I'll be putting in a aftermarket bass knob because I had no control to put less bass or more bass. (kind of got annoying after a while because I couldn't control the bass, it was always the same, as in un-proportional)

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
well my xrs had a regular system in it. but the car was suppose to have jbl system. When I found out the amp connectors where all spliced to make the non jbl unit to work.

anyways. it could be a very big hassle to put in all you sound system.
i could be very wrong my man, just my experience

·
Broken Legged S Owner
2010 Corolla S
430 Posts
JL 12w7. :lol::clap:

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well my xrs had a regular system in it. but the car was suppose to have jbl system. When I found out the amp connectors where all spliced to make the non jbl unit to work.

anyways. it could be a very big hassle to put in all you sound system.
i could be very wrong my man, just my experience
So ya think I should just sell it?

I don't really mind going back to my sound shop and have them put it back in

Alternatively, you could always get a better headunit that has the subwoofer control feature.
So you think I should put the Alpine in? Keep the JBL and add a smaller sub?

JL 12w7. :lol::clap:
Searched it up, loooks like it takes up alot of space like my Type-R, if I was to buy that, I'd rather put my Alpines back in :chug:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts