Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The US government has printed a Trillion extra US dollars to help the stimulate the economy. This means that there is the extremely likely possibility that oil prices will soar. With the US dollar being worth less oil from other countries will increase dramaticly in price.

·
Registered
50 Posts
gas prices are gonna soar in the summer but i doubt its gonna be becuase of the extra trillion.
people use mroe gas in the summer - supply vs demand

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Simple.

The government prints more money ( and maybe it will not be only once ) the dollar is worth less because it is diluted. That means you have to pay more dollars to foreign oil producers to get that barrel of oil.

·
TN user
388 Posts
The government prints more money ( and maybe it will not be only once ) the dollar is worth less because it is diluted. That means you have to pay more dollars to foreign oil producers to get that barrel of oil.

Gotta agree....gas prices are heading north from here. Lots of factors at work including the weaker dollar, Opec supply cutbacks, and the seasonal adjustment.

If the unemployment rate continues to go up (and it will) less people going to drive to work thus lessening demand....Sounds good for low prices eh....wrong. The refineries will continue to adjust output down, and putting more upward pressure on prices! Glad I have a Corolla too! Will be happy when they change back to summer blend. The winter blend gas is having about a 10% negative impact on my MPG.

However with a Corolla, the actual $$ spent are small comparatively. More concerned about my riding lawn tractor's Feet per gallon!!!!:lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Our money gone up .02 cents. That'll help.
Seriously. I spoke to a manufacturer's rep. for garments at a social party. He told me the one of the reason for China's problem is U S firms are not paying their bills. That's real scary.

·
Registered
09 Corolla Matrix
665 Posts
I thought he was a gynecologist

·
Registered
2009 Corolla Xrs
383 Posts
Hammy,

You sound like you know a thing or two about these things. are you an economist?
I thought he was a gynecologist
He's an Economical Gynecologist.

Anywho, this is mostly stuff you learn in college economics. High School, too, if you're lucky enough to have a serious teacher.

Hurray for inflation! Let's fix our economy by printing more money! :D

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Actualy I am a groinacologist, its the same as a gynacologist except I do it for fun and not profit!

Seriously, I have studied economics but I am not an economist, but I have a MBA from SFU (Simom Fraser Univeristy)

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Hell, if I knew the answer to that question I would be one rich dude. I do know that we are headed for higher prices. The USA is worse off than Canada because we have oil. ( Canada is the country that supplies the USA with the most imported oil ) The Canadian dollar is sort of like a petro-dollar, we are some what protected from world oil prices. We also have not printed significant amounts of currency to prop up our economy, Where are the USA has just printed a trillion extra dollars and they also have the burden of the Afganistan and Iraq conflicts to pay for and have been paying for many years. Not to mention the sub-prime banking crisis and bail outs of the big 3 USA auto makers and the AIG mess.
Just as quick as prices came down from $4 plus a gallon it may go up as fast to retest the highs and may even surpass those prices per gallon. The US dollar will no doubt be devalued and the Canadian dollar will increase in value, we may again see the Canadian dollar be close to par with the US dollar, if this happens gold will soar. Having said that, the world has changed significantly and with the instant communications we have today and the ability of all G8 countries to know what the other is doing, we may beat this world economic crisis faster than anyone would think, so hold on tight. Its going to be a wild ride!

·
Old Fart
09 rolla
729 Posts
I thought things were bad for the United States when China asked us to stop spending money. That to me was a pretty clear indicator of the hole we are digging for ourselves.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts