Hooray Beer
'08 DB LB 4x4
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's down?

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Aaron should be, i'm planning on doing a HID conversion on my off road piaa lights, and mount my color mount bumper, then sand, bondo, and paint my chrome one to color match as a spare, lol. You going to the pismo meet at the end of the month?

·
Hooray Beer
'08 DB LB 4x4
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^ I don't think I can make it to Pismo unfortunately. Looks like a lot of fun though.

·
n00b
2,104 Posts
i would be down, but i'll be working on my truck. damn wheel bearing is shot :headbang:

how was vegas btw?

·
Rad Red Prerunner
579 Posts
I would be down to go with you! I left my truck in Santa Barbara though and I just got to Los Gatos, so I could roll with you as passenger again! Haha

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Are you gona be doing your wheel bearings yourself MJ? You should camp out at Pismo, walmart has a pretty cheap 4 person tent, looks pretty legit, about $40. I'm trying to source out all the parts for my onboard air.

·
Hooray Beer
'08 DB LB 4x4
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would be down to go with you! I left my truck in Santa Barbara though and I just got to Los Gatos, so I could roll with you as passenger again! Haha
I'm down. We just need to find another truck to go with in case my dumbass gets stuck. It's gonna be muddy out there

·
Rad Red Prerunner
579 Posts
^Aaron might be. If he doesn't find this thread im sure onejay will tell him, otherwise i could call him or something. Haha plus we didn't get stuck last time!

·
Hooray Beer
'08 DB LB 4x4
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah give him a call if you can. Do you still have my number?

·
Hooray Beer
'08 DB LB 4x4
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Whenever, preferably in the morning sometime. Say around 9 or 10?

·
n00b
2,104 Posts
Are you gona be doing your wheel bearings yourself MJ? You should camp out at Pismo, walmart has a pretty cheap 4 person tent, looks pretty legit, about $40. I'm trying to source out all the parts for my onboard air.
I was going to work on my wheel bearing today, but no where has the part in stock. The dealer wanted $197 for it, but I went to Pep Boys and found it for $70 and called it a day. The part should come in later this week, so it looks like I'll be working on my truck next weekend.

The guys going up to Hollister: take some good pics! let's see some carnage!!!!!

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I was going to work on my wheel bearing today, but no where has the part in stock. The dealer wanted $197 for it, but I went to Pep Boys and found it for $70 and called it a day. The part should come in later this week, so it looks like I'll be working on my truck next weekend.

The guys going up to Hollister: take some good pics! let's see some carnage!!!!!
Ya that sucks, same thing happened with me but with the a/f sensor, waited a week for it to come in. Local dealer wanted $250, for the sensor, but i found it online for $150 shipped.

I'm working on my Piaa 580 HID conversion today. it's a bitch, just time consuming splicing and dicing and wirelooming shit up.

·
Hooray Beer
'08 DB LB 4x4
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
shit we never made it!

·
slut
06 Sport DC
392 Posts
Just a note for the wheel bearing... I tried to do it myself, no luck.

I ordered the part too, but no shop could press it in for me. Theres a notch in the hub that cracks if you open it, so you need a whole new hub. I brought the hub itself in to Toyota and they told me to throw it back on the truck and drive it in.

I had to get a whole new hub from Toyota, luckily it was still under warranty when I did it.

·
n00b
2,104 Posts
Just a note for the wheel bearing... I tried to do it myself, no luck.

I ordered the part too, but no shop could press it in for me. Theres a notch in the hub that cracks if you open it, so you need a whole new hub. I brought the hub itself in to Toyota and they told me to throw it back on the truck and drive it in.

I had to get a whole new hub from Toyota, luckily it was still under warranty when I did it.
Thanks for the tip Paul. The wheel bearing still hasn't come in yet, so I haven't been able to even start. i'll have to see if I can pick up that hub locally, if not, then it'll be another few days for that special order to come in as well. Unfortunately, I'm not under warranty anymore so I'm gonna do my best to get this done. I saw your thread about your wheel bearing troubles. Is that the notch you're talking about?

and why does the new one look a lot different?

any tips on the install would be great.

btw, i've been meaning to "visit" your truck in Hayward. It's actually less than 5 miles from my house. I want to score some interior pieces, but the guy I've called on it (Kareem) says he's not parting out anything too small on the truck, WTF! gotta eventually go there to check it out.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts