Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace two of my Homelink switch lights. Does anyone have the procedure for getting to them?

2003 SR5 Sequoia

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well with no replies I went for it on my own... There are two phillips screws in the sunglass compartment. I took them out and could not figure out what was still holding it to the roof. I called Precision Toyota they refused to tell me so I just figured it was clipped in. So I tugged it off and luckily it was just clipped in. Each button has a socket and bulb combo that is small enough to look like a LED but it's just an incredibly small bulb. Bulbs cost $5.00 install would have been $50. DIYS free.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well with no replies I went for it on my own... There are two phillips screws in the sunglass compartment. I took them out and could not figure out what was still holding it to the roof. I called Precision Toyota they refused to tell me so I just figured it was clipped in. So I tugged it off and luckily it was just clipped in. Each button has a socket and bulb combo that is small enough to look like a LED but it's just an incredibly small bulb. Bulbs cost $5.00 install would have been $50. DIYS free.
Did the local Auto Parts store stock the light bulb or was it a unique bulb? I am new to Sequoia ownership and this bulb is pretty minor but little things like this seem to drive me a bit bonkers. I have one light burned out on the home-link pad.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Search the internet for these words."Replacing lights in Sequoia interior" You will find a wealth of information on your question. I replaced all 5 of mine with the LED's and love them.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I went to Radio Shack and got 6 micro lamps for 6 bucks total. Pushed the black cover inside the plastic insert and wired the new bulbs in place. Works like a charm and only $6, can't go wrong. Super easy to replace. Did the same with the dash Drive light. The lamps are supposed to last 10,000 hours.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts