Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve tried everything under the sun to get my homelink programmed but it’s not working. Both “point and aim” and rolling code programming is leaving me frustrated.

Anyone else have issues/advice?

·
Registered
803 Posts
I’ve tried everything under the sun to get my homelink programmed but it’s not working. Both “point and aim” and rolling code programming is leaving me frustrated.

Anyone else have issues/advice?
Press the homelink buttons 1 & 3 for about 10 secs to clear all codes. After that get garage remote and press the open or close button and immediately press homelink button one and hold it. Make sure garage remote is right underneath the mirror. You will see the red light flash slow and when it's programed, it will begin to flash fast. Repeat the same thing for the other remotes. Usually gate remotes for apartment complexes don't work.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Highlander Ltd
112 Posts
Press the homelink buttons 1 & 3 for about 10 secs to clear all codes. After that get garage remote and press the open or close button and immediately press homelink button one and hold it. Make sure garage remote is right underneath the mirror. You will see the red light flash slow and when it's programed, it will begin to flash fast. Repeat the same thing for the other remotes. Usually gate remotes for apartment complexes don't work.

Unless you're in Canada. Then instead of holding the remote button down you press it repeatedly hold it in for 2 seconds at a time. So press for 2 seconds, release and repeat.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

·
2018 Camry XSE V6
3,478 Posts
I had to press the button on the garage door opener itself to make it work. Parked right under it pressed the home link then pressed the garage door opener button and eventually after 5 tries it worked.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’m about to put my fist through the windshield.

I’ve cleared all codes with button 1 & 3.

Then every time I press button 1 whilst holding my garage button I just get a slow blinking amber light. Same thing happens when I use the “learn” button on my garage motor.

I’m in the US

·
Registered
803 Posts
OK hold 1 & 3 button longer like 15-20 secs. The codes didn't clear. Make sure to hold remote underneath homelink when pressing buttons too. Make sure key is on as well. Not sure if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
17 Highlander Ltd
112 Posts
OK hold 1 & 3 button longer like 15-20 secs. The codes didn't clear. Make sure to hold remote underneath homelink when pressing buttons too. Make sure key is on as well. Not sure if that makes a difference.

I've been successful with the car off.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
I would start from scratch and clear the memory of the opener as well and reprogram everything ... yes PIA, but cheaper than a new windshield.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Held button 1 and 3 to clear, got a rapid green blinking light.

Ended up clearing my garage opener entirely, reprogrammed my remotes and the Subaru, held my breath...nothing. No dice, nada, not working. Warranty? No clue

·
Registered
803 Posts
Was the Camry the last vehicle to get programed after you programed the remotes over with the Suburu? Just want to make sure you didn't program the Camry and then go back and reprogram the remotes with the garage because by then the codes would be different.

·
Premium Member
2001 Corolla
536 Posts
i followed this person instruction i was good to go but also the homelink was coming from 2007 hyundai azera that i used it for my 2014 Camry

·
Registered
31 Posts
Held button 1 and 3 to clear, got a rapid green blinking light.

Ended up clearing my garage opener entirely, reprogrammed my remotes and the Subaru, held my breath...nothing. No dice, nada, not working. Warranty? No clue
BigOak were you able to get your Homelink programmed? I do have a similar issue. Tried it several times and nothing seems to work.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Negative. I haven’t tried in several months. Toyota told me they have no way to check if it’s faulty, but in fairness, I didn’t offer any pushback to the service department. After my travel, I’ll revisit this next week. Let me know if you figure anything out.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I do have Hormann garage door opener. I reset the opener itself , thinking maybe there where to many codes in it already. Reprogrammed wife's RX with no problem from the opener itself but my Highlander will not program whatsoever.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I tried everything with mine. Turns out, I need an adapter for my car to contol the garage door opener even though they are both homelink. The garage door opener is too old.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Finally got it!

I struggled with this as well for about 2 hours (which is long for an IT guy). Here is what I have:
  • 2019 Toyota Highlander Limited
  • Genie Pro ScrewDrive

Here are the steps I used to get it to work:
  • Clear HomeLink with buttons 1 & 3
  • Train HomeLink button with an existing hand-held garage door opener (before trying to train)
  • THEN, press the train button on the Genie, and go back in and do the press-hold HomeLink button, 2 sec, release, repeat twice

The link I used to follow this process was directly from the Toyota support site, you cannot skip the hand-held garage door opener holding a few inches away before trying to directly use the train feature on the garage door opener. Here are a couple of links, follow these to a tee and it works:

https://homelink.com/program/instru...543/144/0/0/39/0/4/intellicode1/0/0/usenglish
https://homelink.com/toyota (Select the "Genie" training video)

I went through all of the same things listed in this thread below, and the above is the only thing that worked for me. Hope this helps someone!

·
Solve et Coagula..
245 Posts
I've tried mine a few times with no luck. I'm in Canada so it is different instructions than US, but I've tried both and it's not working. Pretty annoying tbh. It would be nice to not have to carry the garage remote with me everywhere when there is a button on my rearview that would do the same (if I could get it working)

·
Registered
2013 Camry SE
7 Posts
I struggled with this as well for about 2 hours (which is long for an IT guy). Here is what I have:
  • 2019 Toyota Highlander Limited
  • Genie Pro ScrewDrive

Here are the steps I used to get it to work:
  • Clear HomeLink with buttons 1 & 3
  • Train HomeLink button with an existing hand-held garage door opener (before trying to train)
  • THEN, press the train button on the Genie, and go back in and do the press-hold HomeLink button, 2 sec, release, repeat twice

The link I used to follow this process was directly from the Toyota support site, you cannot skip the hand-held garage door opener holding a few inches away before trying to directly use the train feature on the garage door opener. Here are a couple of links, follow these to a tee and it works:

https://homelink.com/program/instru...543/144/0/0/39/0/4/intellicode1/0/0/usenglish
https://homelink.com/toyota (Select the "Genie" training video)

I went through all of the same things listed in this thread below, and the above is the only thing that worked for me. Hope this helps someone!
Thank you! After futzing with my opener and homelink buttons for about 45 minutes, I found this thread and finally got it to work by following your instructions.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I printed "lunarlogic" instructions and put them in the manual at the appropriate page. I also discovered that I was not using enough force when pushing the button on the bottom of the mirror when testing after programming it. My 2011 Avalon needed a low-pressure touch so I may have lengthened by frustration needlessly. Thank you; I was almost at BigOak's stage.

·
2018 Camry XSE V6
3,478 Posts
I used the directions in the owners manual with no issues. The problem is that people were skipping the hand held garage opener step. You need the hand held garage opener for it to work. "...but on my other car it didn't need the hand hel....". That's Awesome!, but guess what, you need it for this one.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts