This worked for me. You have to perform the final step by pushing the program button on your Genie and the run like wind and push whichever Homelink button in your car that you want to use, repeatedly. I had to get on a ladder to reach my program button and I'm not very graceful. This could have made America's funniest videos....I’ve tried everything under the sun to get my homelink programmed but it’s not working. Both “point and aim” and rolling code programming is leaving me frustrated.
Anyone else have issues/advice?
Intellicode 2 – General Instructions
- For first time training, press and hold the two outer HomeLink® buttons, releasing only when the HomeLink indicator light begins to flash, which may take up to 20 seconds. (Do not perform this step when training the additional HomeLink buttons.)
- You will now need to train HomeLink to the Genie transmitter. If any of the buttons on your Genie transmitter is in Intellicode 1 mode (red LED), skip steps 3 & 4 and use that button in step 5. If all buttons on your Genie transmitter are in Intellicode 2 mode (green LED), you must proceed to step 3.
- Press and hold an unused Genie button on the transmitter for 10 seconds (LED changes from green to green/red).
- Press the same button two times to turn the LED off. The transmitter button should now be in Intellicode 1 mode (red LED).
- Using both hands, simultaneously press and hold both the desired HomeLink button and hand held transmitter button. DO NOT release until the HomeLink indicator light flashes slowly and then rapidly. When the indicator light flashes rapidly, both buttons may be released. (The rapid flashing indicates successful training.) Note the Genie transmitter will transmit for up to 30 seconds. If HomeLink hasn’t trained within 30 seconds, the Genie transmitter will need to be pressed again. Wait approximately 3 seconds until the led turns off before pressing the button again.
- To continue programming HomeLink to the Genie opener, go to the garage door motorhead. A second person may make the following steps quicker and easier. Please use a ladder or other device. Do not stand on your vehicle to perform the next steps.
- Press and hold the PROGRAM button (square button) on the Genie motorhead until both blue LEDs turn on.
- Release the PROGRAM button. The round blue LED should now be on and the long LED should be flashing purple. If the long LED is off, press and release the PROGRAM button again, and the long LED should now be flashing purple. You now have 30 seconds in which to complete the next two steps.
- Get back in your vehicle and press (hold for 2 seconds) and release the trained HomeLink button. Repeat (up to 3 times) until the door moves. Programming is complete.