Toyota Nation Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’ve tried everything under the sun to get my homelink programmed but it’s not working. Both “point and aim” and rolling code programming is leaving me frustrated.

Anyone else have issues/advice?
This worked for me. You have to perform the final step by pushing the program button on your Genie and the run like wind and push whichever Homelink button in your car that you want to use, repeatedly. I had to get on a ladder to reach my program button and I'm not very graceful. This could have made America's funniest videos....

Intellicode 2 – General Instructions
  1. For first time training, press and hold the two outer HomeLink® buttons, releasing only when the HomeLink indicator light begins to flash, which may take up to 20 seconds. (Do not perform this step when training the additional HomeLink buttons.)
  2. You will now need to train HomeLink to the Genie transmitter. If any of the buttons on your Genie transmitter is in Intellicode 1 mode (red LED), skip steps 3 & 4 and use that button in step 5. If all buttons on your Genie transmitter are in Intellicode 2 mode (green LED), you must proceed to step 3.
  3. Press and hold an unused Genie button on the transmitter for 10 seconds (LED changes from green to green/red).
  4. Press the same button two times to turn the LED off. The transmitter button should now be in Intellicode 1 mode (red LED).
  5. Using both hands, simultaneously press and hold both the desired HomeLink button and hand held transmitter button. DO NOT release until the HomeLink indicator light flashes slowly and then rapidly. When the indicator light flashes rapidly, both buttons may be released. (The rapid flashing indicates successful training.) Note the Genie transmitter will transmit for up to 30 seconds. If HomeLink hasn’t trained within 30 seconds, the Genie transmitter will need to be pressed again. Wait approximately 3 seconds until the led turns off before pressing the button again.
  6. To continue programming HomeLink to the Genie opener, go to the garage door motorhead. A second person may make the following steps quicker and easier. Please use a ladder or other device. Do not stand on your vehicle to perform the next steps.
  7. Press and hold the PROGRAM button (square button) on the Genie motorhead until both blue LEDs turn on.
  8. Release the PROGRAM button. The round blue LED should now be on and the long LED should be flashing purple. If the long LED is off, press and release the PROGRAM button again, and the long LED should now be flashing purple. You now have 30 seconds in which to complete the next two steps.
  9. Get back in your vehicle and press (hold for 2 seconds) and release the trained HomeLink button. Repeat (up to 3 times) until the door moves. Programming is complete.

·
Registered
2019 Camry XSE 2.5L A25A-FKS
1,216 Posts
Can someone please help me program the homelink?

I have already reset the homelink by holding 1 & 3, it flashed quickly (green).
I tried pressing the remote 3 seconds first then hold the home link, no good. Tried simultaneously no good.

Any ideas?

·
2018 Camry XSE V6
3,526 Posts
Can someone please help me program the homelink?

I have already reset the homelink by holding 1 & 3, it flashed quickly (green).
I tried pressing the remote 3 seconds first then hold the home link, no good. Tried simultaneously no good.

Any ideas?
After using the remote you have to press the learn button on the garage unit. Did you do that?

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
After using the remote you have to press the learn button on the garage unit. Did you do that?
I have an old garage type. Is that the reason why? It does not want to accept the signal. It keeps flashing orange. Will not flash green.

·
2018 Camry XSE V6
3,526 Posts
I have an old garage type. Is that the reason why? It does not want to accept the signal. It keeps flashing orange. Will not flash green.
I have an old genie that works with homelink with no issues. Yeah you need both the remote and the learn button on the garage unit to make it work.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I have an old genie that works with homelink with no issues. Yeah you need both the remote and the learn button on the garage unit to make it work.
I did it on the 2016 Honda Accord And 03 Lexus, didnt have any problems. Not sure why this one is giving me a hard time.

·
2018 Camry XSE V6
3,526 Posts
I did it on the 2016 Honda Accord And 03 Lexus, didnt have any problems. Not sure why this one is giving me a hard time.
probably just have to keep doing it until it works. Follow the steps for the remote and then the rolling code steps. make sure the car is close to the garage unit.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
probably just have to keep doing it until it works. Follow the steps for the remote and then the rolling code steps. make sure the car is close to the garage unit.
I parked inside the garage. I did use the remote by pressing both the remote and the homelink button at the same time. Also tried pressing the remote first then then homelink still no go. All i get is a flashing orange LED. Yes, I did reset the homelink first.

·
2018 Camry XSE V6
3,526 Posts
I parked inside the garage. I did use the remote by pressing both the remote and the homelink button at the same time. Also tried pressing the remote first then then homelink still no go. All i get is a flashing orange LED. Yes, I did reset the homelink first.
wait, did you also press the learn button on the garage unit? does the garage unit have a learn button?

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
wait, did you also press the learn button on the garage unit? does the garage unit have a learn button?
No it does not. However, I think that does not even matter as I had watched the video they are able to program the homelink first THEN press the learn button on the garage itself. There are 2 steps. I cannot even get step 1 to complete yet.

·
2018 Camry XSE V6
3,526 Posts
No it does not. However, I think that does not even matter as I had watched the video they are able to program the homelink first THEN press the learn button on the garage itself. There are 2 steps. I cannot even get step 1 to complete yet.

Right, that's the way to do it. First you sync the remote on homelink mirror and then press the learn button to sync to the homelink mirror.

You might just need to get a new garage remote.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Right, that's the way to do it. First you sync the remote on homelink mirror and then press the learn button to sync to the homelink mirror.

You might just need to get a new garage remote.
The garage remote is not that old. Weird.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Negative. I haven’t tried in several months. Toyota told me they have no way to check if it’s faulty, but in fairness, I didn’t offer any pushback to the service department. After my travel, I’ll revisit this next week. Let me know if you figure anything out.
2017 Toyota Tacoma (Canadian) TRD Sport
Older Craftsman 1/2HP (Manufactured 2003)

Reset the Tacoma Homelink system with buttons 1 and 3 for about 20-30 seconds
Result: When I pushed the #1 Homelink button I’d get a blinking orange light, wether I held it or let it go. If pushed it again it would stop blinking.

I reset the Craftsman garage door opener by holding the learn for about 20-30 seconds (mostly to ensure the memory was not full. I read that that’s a thing so I wanted to eliminate that as an issue).

At this point, I tried pairing using the learn button and pressing the Homelink button with every sequence I could think of:
1. Long Press until the garage door opener light blinks a few times (works fine on my older Nissan vehicles)
2. Short 2-3 sec multiple presses (well over 5 times within the 30 sec learn window)
3. Long presses mixed with short presses

I gave up and tried agaian a few days later....no joy.

Then I decided to try the scenario where they hold a remote garage door control pressed under the mirror while pressing the Homelink button. Here are the steps I followed:

1. Find the old remote control garage door opener (that probably never gets used) and put a new battery in.
2. Pair it to the garage door opener. On my unit I press the learn button and press the remote door opener button within 30 seconds (it paired like my Nissan Homelink does)
3. Jump in the Tacoma and hold the remote garage door opener underneath the mirror. Press and hold the remote garage door opener button then simultaneously press and hold the Homelink button number 1 (or whatever button you are programming). At this point the Homelink started rapidly flashing green. This was different from every other attempt.
4. Jump out, press the garage door opener learn button
5. Jump back in and press and hold the Tacoma Homelink button (within 30 sec of pressing the learn button)

I couldn’t believe it...it doesn’t make sense why it can’t just learn directly from the learn button on the garage door opener...but it worked and the garage door light flashed! The Tacoma Homelink now opens the garage door. So, there is something important about using a remote garage door opener that seems to be required in the Tacoma that is not required on my ‘08 and ‘06 Nissan vehicles. Maybe it’s something to do with the Tacoma being newer and the door opener being older. Who knows...don’t really care now that it work. Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
UPDATE:

The FIX is to use the ORIGINAL remote control garage opener. Took literally 5 seconds to program!

Felt like an idiot using the aftermarket remote control, trying many many times with no success.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts