Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Moving Forward
3,144 Posts
I ahve to say go with the Pilot. THe third seat in the Highalnder is a joke, not that the Pilot is that much better but it is better. The third seat in the highlande is only designed for 2 people so if he had to carry eight it would not work. Yes the pilot is car based but it is a very capable SUV. IT does give you the option of locking the transfer case into a high full 4WD where the Highlander does not. It is AWD all the time with no contorl over it.
I also think towing capacity is a little bit higher in the Pilot than inthe Highlander.

As for the 4RUnner, have you seen the third seat in those things. They are like the seats in the Landcruiser. they fold up towards the rear side windows when not in use. The to will only seat two additional people since there is a gap in between them when they are lowered. Also if you sit in the abck seat your knees are going to be in your chest no matter how tall you are. I have been in one and I am only about 5'10" and it was the absolute worse thing I had ever sat in as far as comfort. If you have to make an adult sit back there for more than about 15 minutes they are probably going to kill you when they get out.

If he likes the pilot but wants a little more luxury he could also go to the MDX. wood trim, sunroof, better stereo, and a little bit of a HP bump over the Pilot. Also I think they look a little better jsut not so upright and tall looking.

·
Moving Forward
3,144 Posts
84Cressida said:
Land Cruisers are built like tanks, have a LOT of power, and get around 18 mpg. Not bad for a Large SUV.

But dont seat seven or eight people any better than the Pilot that gets better gas mileage and is a lot easier to drive around town and things like that.

The Land Cruiser is a great vehicle as far as luxury and off road ability is concerned but for he Money you can go buy a NIce Tahoe or Yukon and get as good if not better gas mileage and more room. Or go to the Sequoia and get about the same gas mileage and more room but probably pay close to the same.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.