Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Simply amazing.... almost no oversteer or understeer. Very very smart system. Leave it to Honda to innovate the best AWD system.

On that note, their diesel in the euro accord is also a great design.

Everyone has to catch up now.

Watch the video on the SH-AWD system. Look at that Inspire (accord) go.

http://www.world.honda.com/HDTV/news/2004-4040401a/

·
There is no substitute.
8,027 Posts
You think companies who have AWD design for years would've designed something like this already.

Mitsubishi's Super AYC is still the world's most advance AWD system, IMO.

Honda had 4WS (4-wheel steering) on the Prelude as well, it definitely works. You don't see them using it in their cars now do you?

·
Zoom-Zoom
2008 Mazdaspeed 3/2012 Ford Escape
7,129 Posts
wow, that's cool as hell...!!!

wonder if Toyota will develop a similar system..:D

O/T: are those the stock taillights for that Honda Accord Sedan?

reminded me of the 7 Series...

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
3,959 Posts
also the mitsubishi vr4 has aws. if they made upgrade kits for it just in case a person was to want to increse hp and tq then that would be cool but i doubt they'll do it:(

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Those tail lights are the JDM Inspire. To me it looks like the trunk portion of the North American Accord is simply removed.

It is making production. It is going to be equipped in the next Acura RL (Honda Legend).

Ekam: Can you explain that Super AYC system for me?

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Looks cool.

I would love to see if that really makes it to production.

·
Zoom-Zoom
2008 Mazdaspeed 3/2012 Ford Escape
7,129 Posts
kenratboy said:
Looks cool.

I would love to see if that really makes it to production.
it will in the new RL..

·
Formula One Fanatic
299 Posts
damn, i love stuff like that. too bad toyota didn't come up with it first, but at least it was a japanese company. makes me wonder why they didn't vary torque to all 4 wheels? like, going into a left hander, have the left front has the least, the right front and left rear have about the same, and have the right rear has the most. must be a reason, either it doesn't matter to handling, or it was too complicated to be worth it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.