Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
09 matrix
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've noticed some small rock chips on my hood, so i'm now considering a hood deflector... does anyone know of a good source?

[2009 matrix 1.8L 5M]

·
Registered
09 Toyota Matrix XR
162 Posts
I would go to the dealer. For a hood edge deflector it really is not that expensive. I only paid $90CND and it is good quality. For my girlfriends 09 Civic they want $170 for the same material, and I actually think it is smaller.

·
Registered
09 Corolla Matrix
665 Posts

·
Registered
09 matrix
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
already had the touchup paint but just don't want to go filling in rock chips all the time. besides, that will make the car look like it's got acne.

i asked about 3M vinyl and the cost is ridiculous to do the hood and front bumpers alone.

anyone have ideas on how easy/difficult hood deflectors are to install? i might just get the part from a dealer

·
Official TN Member
2010 Scion TC
58 Posts
go with the 3m vinyl clear bra.
that little hood deflector isnt going to do much. you will still end up with a good amount of rock chips and will b mad at urself for paying for it and still getting them.
the clear bra covers the whole front bumper of ur car and half of the hood.
the hood deflector dosnt protect ur front bumper...
and if u do happen to go with the clear bra, u will still want to have the chips filld in or its going to look awefull and you will gett little air bubbles everywhere there is a chip.
trust, it is well worth the $$$. u will b kicking urself later on down the road if u just go with the deflector.

http://www.cleardefender.com/auto-bra/paint-protection/Toyota/MATRIX-S/2009/

·
Registered
2009 Matrix XRS
1 Posts
what i've mainly seen with the 3m is people doing the first 1/3 of the hood and not the whole thing. you can see a line but its not that noticeable. I got a hood deflector on my silver TRIX and i think it looks sick. plus it also hides the badge on the nose, which i prefer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I bought my gf a deflector from weathertech for her 08 civic... very good quality and price is good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts