Toyota Nation Forum banner

hood help asap

2K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  Eye8Pussies 
#1 ·
well i have decided that i dont know how to fix my hood problem on the driver side the hood does not shut all the way i have tryed to adjust it but with no luck. when im driving at hi speeds or over bumps the driver side of the hood shakes so it makes me think that the hood is going to pop open. here are some pics to help with the problem. ass you can see i can fit my hand in the gap fairly well.

See less See more
#10 ·
hit it with a hammer :lol:

besides adjusting the latch height and the rubber stops, there really isnt any other adjustment for the alignment of the hood. It really looks like your hood got jacked up when you hit the deer, even if it was only slightly.

#11 ·
sounds like your rad support where the latch is mounted may have been bent during your accident

I know that mine was when I got into mine, and ever since then, my hood's never stayed down quite the same. that's why I installed hoodpins. doesn't look that clean, but it keeps my hood from vibrating while I drive.

#19 ·
^ lol

but in all seriousness.....do something about it before something bad happens

and I don't mind my hoodpins because...well...my car's been modded to the max.
if your car looks stock though, it will look ricer-ish....

but again....safety first

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.