Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
'96 Camry XLE
11,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I was playing around with my moms new '05 LE I4 Camry to see all the features and stuff. So I wanted to look at the engine, so like I usually do in any car, I pulled the hood release latch. Put hand under the grille and lifted up the secondary latch and it went up fine like expected. So I go to put it down and this is where it gets interesting. Like on my Camry (92 or my moms old '96 Wagon), I put it down most of the way and let it go so that it closes. Put it did not close all the way, only the secondary latch caught. So I push it down a little and it still would not click in place. So I open it again and pull the hood release latch in the car thinking it somehow got locked, it didn't. So this time I gently rest it on the latch, and puch down on the hood slightly, but it will not catch! :( Has anyone else had this problem with thier '02-'05 Camry or know what may be wrong? Thanks.

·
Lives For The Curves
93 Camry
1,546 Posts
:confused: Jump on it... from a ladder if need be.

·
TN's Resident Car Whore!
'95 DSM Eclipse RS
5,978 Posts
I'm having the same prob with my '93. I just changed hoods and well my rpoblem is that either my hood or the latch on the hood needs to go back more or the lock needs to come front more. However you have an '05 so I don't think this would be your problem, but still try to look and see what's happening with the lock. You might need to take off the grille to get a better look.

·
Premium Member
'96 Camry XLE
11,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mosquito said:
you have to slam it, it won't close on its own force
Thanks, I slammed it hard this time and it closed. I never had to close it that hard on any other car before and I was affraid to break it, but it now works. Thanks Mosquito

·
Judo photoCHOP!
65 Posts
The Gen5 camry's hood and trunk love to get slammed. I like how easy the previous generation Accord's trunk just fell into place with the least bit of effort.

·
TN's Resident Car Whore!
'95 DSM Eclipse RS
5,978 Posts
I hate having to slam trunks and hoods. I like when they just latch and close easily.

·
Bootyologist
2004 Toyota Camry LE
1,531 Posts
on my g5 i barely have to use any force to close the trunk, doors, and hood...

·
Premium Member
'96 Camry XLE
11,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wonder if it is just on the Gen 5.5's then????

·
Registered
49 Posts
My Gen 5 is a little like this. When I release the hood from the inside, I have to do the usual secondary hood release from the outside. Gently life and the hood shocks lift it up. I have to push it with gentl force, and it will close and latch fine. Trunk closes effortlessly, and the doors, well anyone with a newer Toyota will tell you this, the doors are like velvet lined bank vault doors. Always close easily, silently, with a reassuring clink/thud.

Sly

·
TN の がしょう
2015 Camry XSE V6
7,715 Posts
It could be just your mom's camry. My 05' Camry has no problems latching the hood. Check it out with the dealer....
or it could be just you fooling around with stuff you shouldn't on a new car. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Still, I had no problems with my Dad's 03' and my 05' Camry.

P.S. I think the new 05' Lexus LS430 (Celsior) is a pretty nifty car. The doors and trunk shuts into place automatically. So you don't have to slam the doors, but just nudge it into place. :p:

·
Premium Member
'96 Camry XLE
11,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I guess I will have my mom bring it in next time she in the area just to see if it is normal. Thanks for all of your inputs guys!

·
05 Camry LE
45 Posts
hey, my second post.
Same here. I have to slam my hood AND my driver's side door. It seems all the other doors close with little effort but its only the driver's side door that i have to slam to close.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts