Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the latch on my 91 celica's hood broke off and by latch i mean the thin metal piece on the actual hood that gets hooked on. I attached a pic of one from a mustang so you'll see what i mean. The only problem is Im not sure how to replace t without replacing the entire hood which id rather not do. Most of the latch pins have screw holes/bolt holes on the ends but i dont see any on my celicas it looks like it was just welded on there and welding isnt really an option since im not that good yet. Anyone goy any ideas? thanks

·
Registered
1991 celica gt
419 Posts
why not just install some 10 dollar hood pins no welding and i think theyr stronger than the stock latch...i have not done this but im shure someone here has and can guide you through it

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've put hood pins on my 82 camaro (i used more expenisve ones since it plays at the track and dont wanna risk anything) but their not hard at all but I was actually thinking about going that way if nobody could give me a better idea.

·
Registered
1991 celica gt
419 Posts
well you could use some of thowse rubber hood hasps like on a jeep

although those might look out of place lol:lol:

·
new celica owner
1990 celica GT
97 Posts
So the latch on my 91 celica's hood broke off and by latch i mean the thin metal piece on the actual hood that gets hooked on. I attached a pic of one from a mustang so you'll see what i mean. The only problem is Im not sure how to replace t without replacing the entire hood which id rather not do. Most of the latch pins have screw holes/bolt holes on the ends but i dont see any on my celicas it looks like it was just welded on there and welding isnt really an option since im not that good yet. Anyone goy any ideas? thanks
if you were closer id weld if for you for a small fee

1 - 6 of 6 Posts