Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1987 Toyota Camry
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Have a 1987 Toyota Camry and there is a hole in the hood right where an ornament would be (as far as I know it has been there since we got the car) Doing searches I can't seem to find any pictures of a Camry with one. Anyone know anything about this?

·
Gen 2 Fanatic
'91 Camry DX
2,031 Posts
Some came with a diamond shaped logo with a "T" and a burst behind them, I believe that I've also seen a stand up "T" in a diamond as well.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Maybe drilled a hole to operate the hood latch if it was not working?

Simple fix is to patch it shut with some JB weld and put some touch up paint on it. That is the trick the guys that take theirs spoiler off there GS300/400 do.

Isn't it funny cars without spoilesr people add them...cars with them people take them off?

·
Toyota Collector
12,162 Posts
Isn't it funny cars without spoilers people add them...cars with them people take them off?
Heh yea. The 7th gen Celica looks better without the rear spoiler it really cleans up the lines, but some people remove the stock one and put a giant sucker on there. Every 7th gen I've seen in the yard someone has taken the spoiler. Don't get that.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Heh yea. The 7th gen Celica looks better without the rear spoiler it really cleans up the lines, but some people remove the stock one and put a giant sucker on there. Every 7th gen I've seen in the yard someone has taken the spoiler. Don't get that.

The salvage yard I go to pulls them & sells them separate.

I am thinking I might install one on the rear of my 90’ Le wagon ?? :dunno:

·
Toyota Collector
12,162 Posts
I've been wondering if this Highlander one would fit. I have not found one at the yard yet to test fit.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.