Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Need last 8 VIN characters for 2012 Tacoma Sport to see if I can swap hood to see if it will fit. Parts guys can't tell me unless i have VIN info to compare.

2 Or has anyone done this already and can tell me it will work?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would assume they work since the Tacoma generally went unchanged for a long time.
Well Partman can’t guarantee it without last eight digits of VIN. 530 bucks for a hood special order that means no refund. So I have to know before I get it

·
Registered
08 Toyota Camry 2AZ-FE R9K Tuned
8,291 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks will do appreciate it

Joe
Well my man they can't tell me for sure either so until i get that VIN I am dead in the water. Too much $$$ to take a chance on buying something i can't use or return.

But thanks anyway

·
Registered
8,291 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,591 Posts
There is actually a thread or three in the ancient history file where people used to swap sport hoods onto non-sport trucks. So there shouldn't be a problem.

Couple of choices from the older trucks, not sure about 2012. You can tweak that to search more than just titles later.

·
Registered
8,291 Posts
There is actually a thread or three in the ancient history file where people used to swap sport hoods onto non-sport trucks. So there shouldn't be a problem.

Couple of choices from the older trucks, not sure about 2012. You can tweak that to search more than just titles later.

2012 - 2015. It says it in the parts diagram. Though whether or not pre-2012 fits... that is a different question.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts