Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As it says I attempted to have my Lexus inspected today, and found that my tail light Failure Module didn't work. The garage called the parts store, and were told it was a dealer part. It was $200.00:eek: from the dealer. The part is easy to find in the trunk near the right rear wheel, but man. Anyways I have a friend who works in a junk yard, and got it for a 12 pack of beer. Even trade I must say lol. Anyways when you have a hard time diagnosing your brakes lights take that module in to effect.

Later,

Bart

·
Registered
56 Posts
LexusES250 said:
As it says I attempted to have my Lexus inspected today, and found that my tail light Failure Module didn't work. The garage called the parts store, and were told it was a dealer part. It was $200.00:eek: from the dealer. The part is easy to find in the trunk near the right rear wheel, but man. Anyways I have a friend who works in a junk yard, and got it for a 12 pack of beer. Even trade I must say lol. Anyways when you have a hard time diagnosing your brakes lights take that module in to effect.

Later,

Bart
You just have to know where to look or else people will mtry to rip you off. Try calling around or searching the net, it may save you hundreds!!

www.taprecycling.net is a good site for toyotas and lexus vehicles if you are looking for parts.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yea junkyards are the way to go for lots of parts. My friend's ES needed a window motor replaced, it was about $5-600 for the part at Lexus, and I sourced one out of a junkyard in florida for $60 plus $10 shipping.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts