Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all
i live in new zealand and own a st182 celica gtr (1991). in the mornings ive been noticing a horrible rattling sound and cant find it for the life of me.
it only does it when its cold (but u can still hear it a little bit when warm). if i release the clutch, step on the gas hard then release the pedal it does it, when changing gears and going over bumps.

could anyone plz help me with this, it will be much appreciated
cheers
james:D

·
Banned
20 Posts
Most likely the rattle is coming from a loose muffler or somewhere outside the body. Tighten the frame of the car if its not the frame then its your engine.

·
Thug Engineering ST185's
60 Posts
which part is the frame ?

i have done a clutch job and developed a selection of clunks....

one i have nailed to the front engine mount, but i have suspension "klunks" , to which all seems connected and tight....

i did originally have a slight clumk on the drivers side, now its on both....

have i possibly placed something back the wrong way or have a overlooked something .... ?

·
GT-i Crew
632 Posts
Clunks usually came from loose or faulty engine mounts, if you car has a 2nd Gen 3S-GE engine like mine, the your are looking at 4 engine mounts (including the one to the tranny).

Rattling are usually loose heat shields and/or exhaust components that have rotted.

·
Thug Engineering ST185's
60 Posts
cheers for that (sorry to cut across the post)

will check all the others as a 1991 orig i think the old girl might be a little 'tired'

so rattles not a worry clunks engine wobble, sounds fair

thanks

Thug!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts