Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
95 CAMRY & 2011 CAMR
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, after you screw up and drop a wrench in one of your friend's engine bays w some age on it......find another friend's 2001 5SFE 2200cc 4cylinder and take a look & a pic. The numbers you really need are five digits long and are Very, Very Small sometimes & are molded in on the connector, something like the below pic. Sometimes much smaller.

I saw sites/threads where guys/gals complained about dealer not getting small part for them because it was too much trouble & difficult to find. Anyway, did a little looking and found the connectors I broke. Use prefix 90980- plus the little # you find on the terminal connector. Most of the time you will have the part# you need, (not always).

·
Registered
99 Camry LE
129 Posts
I have been in the business a long time and have heard the old "you can't get the connector", or "you have to buy a harness". Some guys look in the parts catalog and don't see it so they assume it's not available.
If you want to stay a step ahead of the parts guy, get the number off the side of the housing, then add the prefix (pnc) "90980" before the number on the housing. This will be the housing's part number. The housing will not include wire or terminals. To get the numbers for the terminals, you need to look in the wire harnes repair book, or on TIS.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.