Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Toyota Taco 2007
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is what I am thinking of getting soon, within a month or so. Actually there are some options to consider with the HU and maybe subwoofer.

Pioneer TS-C720PRS components

polk Audio MM2084 8" sub w/ soundoffaudio sub enclosure
or i could get a RF punch stage 2 8' for $30 less

Alpine MRP-F450 4 channel amp

for the HU I like this one: http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/products/product.php?model=iDA-X001

Another option is this one, but I'm not sure if JVC is good quality, but the price is nice and it allows direct input to Ipod without having to buy an adapter: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-5uYyUaOvHCy/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=300&I=105KDPDR50

·
Registered
Toyota Taco 2007
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
even with an alarm?? I didnt know portland has theft problems.. I must admit, it's something to think about.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Yeah, depending on what part of town your in you might lose it. Just like any place, theres good and bad parts. Is Hilltop still a bad part of Tacoma? Had friends that went to college by there.

pooperscooper said:
even with an alarm?? I didnt know portland has theft problems.. I must admit, it's something to think about.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I just put in my Eclipse AVN6600 last week and am planning on doing the speakers next. Think I might go with nearly the same set up. Pioneer PRS components up front, Jl 8 inch sub all run by an Alpine amp, either the MRP-F450 or maybe the PDX-4.100 (but that might be a little much for those components. Anyone else have any thoughts?

·
Registered
06 Tacoma Access Cab
55 Posts
How about this lil system?

I'm going to upgrade my sound system, soon, (hopefully).
My wish list is below. Tell me what you think about it. Any changes that you would recommend? Different components with better bang for a buck?
I'm looking for nice, clean, balanced sound. I listen to talk radio, rock and alternative music (occasionally some classical and jazz) therefore i don't think about buying separate subwoofer (I might consider it if you convince me :) ) I hope component speakers would be sufficient for me. Or should I go with coaxials (or 3-way)? Is there significant difference between them?
Prices below represent how much I want to spend.

HU - Alpine CDA-9887 - $? (not avail. yet)
HD radio tuner - Alpine TUA-T500HD - $250
Front and rear speakers - Infinity Kappa 60.7cs (6 1/2") - $180/pair
Amp - Infinity Reference 7541a - $200

Sub - Bazooka BTA6200 (6") - $170
or Bazooka BTA8200 (8") - $195

·
Registered
06 Tacoma Access Cab
55 Posts
pooperscooper said:
how are you going to hide a bazooka in the access cab? put a blanket over it?
Hmmm... Let's see...
I need access to my under seat compartments so sub enclosure between rear seats is not an option. I was thinking about Kenwood KSC-SW1 and putting it under my seat but it won't fit. I would keep Bazooka on the floor behind passenger seat. It has Molex plug so it would be easy to disconnect it if I really needed more room.
But like I said in my previous post I don't really think about getting subwoofer. If I find speakers with satisfying 'thump' I will end up without sub (and I found many positive opinions on Kappas). Anyhoo... sub would be last component of my system.

·
Surfing TN via iPhone
05 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD
10,653 Posts
Newer Eclipse double din HUs will plug right into the steering wheel controls. All other HUs require an expensive adapter doodad to make the steering wheel controls work.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts