Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello. Nice to meet you! I have a question to ask you about spare wheel tire covers. I recently bought a 2012 Toyota RAV4 Sport edition. It uses 18 inch tires. Specifically, it is the 235/55R18 tires for all tires. I have 5 of these tires including the spare tire as it is the only one I wish to cover. These all are the Cooper CS3 Touring tires. Please note: None of these tires are NOT run flats, but conventional tires. I need a spare tire cover for my spare tire in the back of the car on the floor. I do NOT have the typical vertical spare tire cover on the outside back of the door found typically on RAV4s. I also do NOT have a deep spare tire wheel well below the trunk area either. So this spare tire is stored in my rear trunk area. I want to cover it up while it is lying flat on my rear truck floor. I am looking for a spare tire cover with material such as black carpet/rug or plastic/dense vinyl material that covers the top and the sides at a minimum. The spare tire cover can cover partially the underside of the spare tire as it is lying on my rear trunk floor -- this is perfectly fine. I do not want to spend big money for a spare tire cover as a plain generic one would be perfectly fine.

So, my question… …how you do determine the correct size (HOW TO CALCULATE?) for a spare tire cover when I have a spare tire that is 18 inch tire (235/55R18)? Do I need an 18 inch spare tire cover for an 18 inch spare tire or something different? How do you figure the correct spare tire cover size I need for this spare tire? Can you tell me what spare tire cover size I would need please?

NOTE: I do not want those spare tire covers for RVs that have an opening at one end near the ground when someone parks their RVs that cover the RVs wheels vertically while the RV is parked giving the RV a professional appearance while parked.

Please reply ASAP. Thank you!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello! Nice to meet you! Thank you for taking my op! Thank you for replying quickly! I plugged in the numbers and this is what I received: (see attached image) Now how do you figure the correct size for a spare tire cover? I am assuming you add the sidewall height and the tire diameter and then add a few additional inches for underneath the tire as it is lying flat on the rear trunk floor? So 36 inches or bigger spare tire cover I would assume or not? Please reply. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
@ sweeneyp & dl175:

Hello again. Nice to meet dl175 too! Thanks for both your solutions to my issue!
THANK YOU dl175 FOR YOUR ANSWER!!! So that is how they figure tire covers: So it is ONLY or SIMPLY the tire diameter which you gave me and sewwneyp provided me the calculation for it which is really close.
Dl175, I appreciate the “tire tote tire covers”! Thank you very much! That is what I need!
This thread has been answered and closed! THANK YOU BOTH AGAIN!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.