Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a TracFone Samsung T245G with Bluetooth which cannot transfer phone's contacts to the car via the car's Bluetooth touch screen. I understand this is a limitation of Tracfone's Samsung model T245G.

However, I do not see how to manually enter and save phone numbers (or descriptions) to the car's Bluetooth "Phonebook" or "Speed Dial" via the car's Bluetooth touch screen?

The only way I can store a number is to call out to (or in from) the desired number while my phone is on and paired to the car's Bluetooth system and then transfer that caller's number from in the car's Bluetooth "Call History" to the car's Bluetooth "Speed Dial" via the car's Bluetooth touch screen.

Can anyone help me with this problem?

Thanks,
Tom

·
Registered
Audi A4 & Camry SE
89 Posts
upgrade to an iphone or another smart phone? best option would be to look in the manual at the book that's specific to the radio.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
upgrade to an iphone or another smart phone? best option would be to look in the manual at the book that's specific to the radio.
Tracfone doesn't have upgrades to an iphone.

Seems the TracFone needs specific Bluetooth "Profiles" (OPP and/or PBAB) There are no details/specs given for the Bluetooth listed TracFones concerning phonebook transfer. I messaged them to see if any of there phones are equipped to handle bluetooth phonebook transfer. TracFone Support contacted me and the bottom line is none of the TracFones support doing this type of transfer.

I'm going to look into using an "unlocked" phone that is not tied to any particular provider and then setting it to permit transfers and work with Tracfone as the provider. My initial guess is that this won't work with Tracfone because they are marketed (and featured) as a "bare-bones" inexpensive mobile phone service.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'd guess since it's a basic phone it only supports the HFP profile. Phones that support PBAP (Phone Book Access Profile) work best with the system as it will download contacts when the phone connects to the system.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts