Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
BRAKE/STEER/THROTTLE
nothing but Toyotas
1,420 Posts
ok. first and foremost: one doesn't put power "into" an engine. one extracts power from an engine.

next, i think that a really good tune-up (replace ALL serviceable IGN components incl: spark plugs, wires, timing check), oil change, air filter change (do a drop-in K&N if you don't already have one), fluids change (trans lube, oil change, coolant sys flush/fill), fuel injection service (maybe just a BG 401K treatment and some 'good' gas, clean the throttle body), and valve adjustment would actually make your car feel like you got more power out of it.

·
BRAKE/STEER/THROTTLE
nothing but Toyotas
1,420 Posts

·
Toy-Cel
618 Posts
if your looking for cheao and easy as far as a swap goes

immediate power =4efte: a bit harder to install, with some custome wiring, but basically everything bolts right up (135hp stock turbo i beleive)

more power for the future = 5efhe, bolts right up, but youll have to swap your ignition system as the fhe's have a distributor and you 5efe doesn't... but the 5efhe's are big strong engines with good compression, and take well to upgrades. (stock about 115hp methinks)

SIDE NOTE: i had a 5efhe installed in my 1992 tercel and i'm picking it up in the morning

·
Registered
136 Posts
a 4efte swap would run approx. $2500...gotta think the engine/trans-$800-$1000 shipped, custom wiring harness-$450, tune-up stuff on it (timing belt/tensioner/water pump), installation, and any other odds/ends-(coolant, oil, clamps, hoses, belts, plugs, wires, cap, rotor) etc. not to mention boost gauge, turbo timer, boost controller, blah blah blah

depending on your miles on your engine-
underdrive pulley, intake, plugs, wires, headers, full exhaust, fuel pressure regulator, etc.

that might be your route-check my post on your other thread and search-

http://board.tercelonline.com like a madman

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.