Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Hard to describe over the internet on how to do it.
Get a piece of wood and a hammer.
Put the wood against the end of the axle. Tap it in with the hammer against the wood. That way you don't damage the threads for the hub nut.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Make sure the snap ring going into the transmission is open at the top, line up the axle to the transmission and push it in from the other end of the axle. Keep the axle as straight as possible and make sure the lines line up. Might take a few tries.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Make sure the snap ring going into the transmission is open at the top, line up the axle to the transmission and push it in from the other end of the axle. Keep the axle as straight as possible and make sure the lines line up. Might take a few tries.
I wish i would have read this earlier.
Good info! thank you for the tip. I needed it to move & i popped them in with a long flathead and a hammer. tapped it in.
I might need to replace the axle i might have ruined it when i was dropping in the new motor & trans. Works good for now. How do these axles get out of the hub? Brute force?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.