Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I'm the original owner of a 2001 5-speed Sport, this is my first time posting... :)

I think something has fallen into one of the rails the front passenger seat slides back and forth on (a pen or coin maybe?)...from the furthest back position there's now only a couple of inches of play forward. It doesn't leave alot of leg room for someone in the back seat! I haven't looked too closely yet, but I'm assuming there's some nuts/bolts that need to be removed? Can someone give me a quick how-to?

Btw, this forum is a great resource and I really appreciate all the info I've gotten from here. I'm a pretty handy gal, and in the last while the info here has helped me diagnose the P0171 code I had and helped me locate and clean the MAF sensor (saved me lots of $$ than if I'd taken it to the shop), then later the 2 lowest fans speeds stopped working so I learned how to get to and replace the blower motor resistor pack. This is THE best and most reliable car I've ever had, thanks to your help I plan on keeping it that way!! ;)

·
Beware of pigs
Little Pig
2,446 Posts
:welcome:and come to our meets if you aren't too far from Toronto.:D

You need to remove 4 bolts to free the seat rails. One by the door pillar is under a cover which you need to pry out. Get a helper to help haul it out and in; it is heavy and unwieldy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts