Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 1996 Camry, a tinted window film was installed. For some reason, the windows now have a cloudy and opaque nature, instead of a sun glasses effect. I would like to removed the tinted film. I'm concerned that if I just dive into the job, I will ruin the defrost function, and maybe just make a mess of it.

So, what do I use if I try myself, to remove a tinted window film?

·
Toyota | moving forward
1,534 Posts
Have you tried Googling for some tutorials? When I had to have my tint redone (under warranty) they warned me that I may lose the defroster function on my back window when they remove the old tint. Turns out it's perfectly fine so whoever did my install must have been good. You might want to call around and see how much it would cost if you get it professionally removed, locally for me I think it's $80-100 which isn't bad considering you won't be left with bits and pieces stuck to the window.

Good luck!

·
Registered
592 Posts
I just used nail polish remover with a rag, one section at a time. It took a long time but it was worth it because it was bothering me for a while now haha. People use trash bags and stuff somehow, there's a lot of solutions online.

·
Momentum Car Crew Camry
94 Toyota Camry
92 Posts
well i had my tint redone for ah beter one. and well they used steam and ah ruler and it came off preaty well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts