Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Subaru WRX STI
4,407 Posts
I'm trying to remember this solely from memory, but I believe this is how you do it.

First turn the trip meter to Trip A, turn off the car. Hold down the odometer button and then turn the car to "ON". The odometer should flash all zero's, and then the light should be gone.

·
Go camry goooooo
5,109 Posts
I'm trying to remember this solely from memory, but I believe this is how you do it.

First turn the trip meter to Trip A, turn off the car. Hold down the odometer button and then turn the car to "ON". The odometer should flash all zero's, and then the light should be gone.
does that work, cause I have to do my oil soon

·
The former Maxima guy
77 Posts
It definitely is in the owners manual in your glove box. I always forget myself but it's trip A, etc...

·
Crash Test Dummy
2007 Toyota Camry CE
880 Posts
check out the gen 6 diy page.. i think it should be on the first page of that thread

·
Registered Gator
99 Posts
TTT and thought I'd share : At 4500 miles after oil change the MID showed the msg "Maint reg'd soon " and the red triangle warnings each time I started the TCH. This would go away after 15 seconds and no additional warnings until the next startup cycle.

At 5000 miles (exactly-while cruising along at 65) the MID beeps and displays the "Maint Reg'd" msg and the Red diamond with ! appears. They don't cycle off - you can press the disp button on steering wheel and the MID and Red diamond will clear but only for 10 seconds before they reappear. The beeping only lasts 25 seconds or so and then at least the forced warning is silent.

Strange feature that at 5000 miles since an oil change the MID goes into a Forced always on message mode. But now I know...

The reset feature as defined in the Owner's Manual works as described.

1) Turn off your TCH with the odometer set on Trip A.
2) While Holding Down (keep holding it down) the Odometer button (it is in Trip A from step 1) - Turn on the TCH.
3) You will see a 5 segment Bar come up in the MID with a msg indicating resetting . When the Bar segments complete (10-15 secs) you get a Reset complete msg and The Craziness described above is gone...

I run Amsoil Oil and Filter (Eao10) on my TCH so 5000 miles (up to the 36k W point , more after 36k) is my minimum change interval and this process will become part of my standard operating prodedures....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts