Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
From H to T
'08 Camry
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a DME 4-1 TC header and I'm throwing a CEL, so I wanna know if there's a quicker way to find out the code before having to order a OBD2/CAN scanner or taking it to a shop to get it diagnosed. Yes, I've reset the ECU twice already but each time it turns on after going 65+ on the freeway.

On my '02 Honda, I was able to pull check engine light codes by jumping two pins with a wire so I'm wondering if we are able to do this on my 2008 Toyota Camry LE.

BTW, Autozone doesnt pull codes for you anymore, some lawsuit bs.

·
From H to T
'08 Camry
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

my buddy has a scanner and he clear it up for my buddy tC( which have the same engine). btw how did u make it fit? pics?
:headbang: I might just have to buy that scanner then.. I bought the headers from Dhanlal89. He said it was bolt-on but I learned the hard way that it wasnt. He even guaranteed no CEL, but alas, here I am about to buy a scanner. :facepalm:

I had the flanges cut off and re-welded with a new pipe. It actually curves to the right a little, my guy did a pro job, looks great. I'll try to get some pics up tomorrow. Here's a couple I was able to find:

·
Registered
24 Posts
You can get scanners shipped to your door for less than $30 in most cases. For those who tinker, it's probably the best investment you can possibly make.

Do be sure to post the code when you get it, though! That's when things get interesting.

·
From H to T
'08 Camry
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got me an Autel Maxiscan MS300 from Amazon today. Will post results next week when it arrives.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts