Toyota Nation Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The topic speaks for itself.. I'd like to know how to remove the "Camry" and "LE" emblems in the back of the car, but dont know how without destroying the paint... Any advice?

·
96 3MZ M/T
Camry
2,879 Posts
or leave it out in the florida sun for 7 years thats what i did :D now the back only says toyota and le v6 ... hehehe it funny when people ask "is that a corolla?" and i say yup want to race?

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
chronoti said:
or leave it out in the florida sun for 7 years thats what i did :D now the back only says toyota and le v6 ... hehehe it funny when people ask "is that a corolla?" and i say yup want to race?
i was able to get the emblem off free of charge by parking it to some ghetto area.

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
I prefer the "Ice Pick" method. but I guess.

Knocker Loose will kill the adhesive quick. Slide it right off.

·
The Greatest
3,830 Posts
I've heard use a blowdryer and then heat the glue up. When the glue is soft, take some floss and gently keep going in (yeh its a shitty description...)

Then i guess use goo gone to get rid of excess glue.

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
LiLItalian said:
thats the only way to do it!
I wouldn't go and make that claim. There are a million solutions that will break down the adhesive. Parts cleaner for one.

·
Zoom-Zoom
2008 Mazdaspeed 3/2012 Ford Escape
7,130 Posts
Zoni_Camry said:
fishing line works well from what ive heard.

i'm sorry folks, Zoni had some bad pork earlier...

what he means is....

SEARCH! this topic has been discussed many times...

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
FEW QUESTIONS

1- what's a floss?? a wire of some kind?

2- are there any emblems I shouldnt try to take off on a Gen3 camry? Because I know some only stay in place because of glue, but previously, on other cars I've seen emblems holding in place with metal things carved into the body of the car...

So, if I resume the process:

I use mommy's hair dryer at highest heat level, than use some wire to unglue the emblem, then some goo gone or whatever glue dissolver to remove any glue spots remaining on the body

?? Right ??

Btw I only wanna take off the Camry, and LE emblems, I'll leave the sombrero guy on :p

·
The Greatest
3,830 Posts
Re: FEW QUESTIONS

DavePont said:
1- what's a floss?? a wire of some kind?

2- are there any emblems I shouldnt try to take off on a Gen3 camry? Because I know some only stay in place because of glue, but previously, on other cars I've seen emblems holding in place with metal things carved into the body of the car...

1- ToothFloss....

2. Dont take off the T's. It wont come off either tho. They are bolted in place and when you take it off you have to put some kind of mold in the holes to cover it up. I forget which mold tho.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.