Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Tacoma D/C
Joined
·
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had an 88 toyota pickup, that you didnt even have to put in 4wd on the beach and i just bought an 06. how is yall's experience with them in the sand?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
fireman9170 said:
i had an 88 toyota pickup, that you didnt even have to put in 4wd on the beach and i just bought an 06. how is yall's experience with them in the sand?

??? what's a "yall" ????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,104 Posts
slang for you all
 

·
MMM TACO
06 Tacoma
Joined
·
581 Posts
a common tern used down here in the southern states where us "hicks" as most people call us live
 

·
1st time Toyota Owner
Joined
·
141 Posts
Ok, now does anyone know what's plural for y'all?

All y'all.

As in...

Are all y'all goin' to the truck pull tomorra' night? I got mah' Tiyota all loaded up an' ready to go.

Hey, I can say these things seein' as I live in Tennessee :lol:




But don't tell anyone I moved down here from MI
 

·
Engine 80 is in service
'10 FJ Cruiser 4x4
Joined
·
1,040 Posts
billyman said:
Ok, now does anyone know what's plural for y'all?

All y'all.

As in...

Are all y'all goin' to the truck pull tomorra' night? I got mah' Tiyota all loaded up an' ready to go.

Hey, I can say these things seein' as I live in Tennessee :lol:




But don't tell anyone I moved down here from MI
:clap:

I will slip up and drop a "y'all" on occasion. But, I've made a serious effort to say "you guys" instead. :D
 

·
Stupid is stupid does
2008 tundra
Joined
·
5,554 Posts
My 4x4 regular cab does fine. it does not have the torque of my 1994/1995 toyota v6 though. 3rd gear in 4Hi is not happening.








 

·
Registered
2006 Tacoma D/C
Joined
·
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
that sand looks like it is packed and fairly firm, here at the outer banks the sand is loose and not easily driven on.
 

·
Stupid is stupid does
2008 tundra
Joined
·
5,554 Posts
fireman9170 said:
that sand looks like it is packed and fairly firm, here at the outer banks the sand is loose and not easily driven on.

just dont get the Grantek 245/75/16's Get the TRD wheels 265/70/16's and air them down to 12psi or so. the beaches are soft here too on a hot summer day. Long island had the same sand as you :naughty:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Santa Monica Sand

Just picked up my 4/4 dbl cab TRD Off Road package on Thursday. Cruising around Saturday night around 3:00 AM after the bars closed, couldn't resist making a little beach run on Santa Monica State Beach (no car zone for sure). Frankly it was a short hit/run mission, but it did OK on the really loose sand we have here. There was a fairly steep beach berm from the pervious high tide, and that was no problem. I scared the pants off a couple out there getting it on...but that is what you get for public displays of affection.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
fireman9170 said:
that sand looks like it is packed and fairly firm, here at the outer banks the sand is loose and not easily driven on.
I've got an 06 DC longbed, handles sand no problemo, most times don't even have to use 4WD. Sand here in Coastal Texas is much like the OBX, you (I mean YA'LL :D) won't have any problems.
 

·
Registered
2006 Tacoma D/C
Joined
·
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i was just wondering because of weight, seems like this double cab is just about as heavy as the 4runner. more weight =less fun on beach
 

·
Forumatic Immunity!
05 Taco DC LB V6 TRD
Joined
·
3,745 Posts
being from the uk we say "you lot":whatwhat:
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top