Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend has a 2000 corolla, serviced at the same dealer since new. About 100,000km, they did an oil change & she very soon after, went back, to tell them the car sounded a bit rough. They then changed the spark plugs, then about 1000km later, the oil light came on- completely empty on the dip-stick!
The dealer says corollas often burn a litre or 2 of oil every 1000km after they reach100,000. I think they forgot to refill it after they drained the oil. My 99 tercell dosen't use a drop between oil changes with 150,000km behind it. What are the opinions out there?

·
aka TRD_roLLa on CC.com
649 Posts
yea thats not true

go contact the head office of toyota or something
or go to another dealership

no such thing as a corolla burning 1-2 L of oil every 1000kms:disappoin

·
Resident asshole
Corolla
9,552 Posts
burning 1-2 liters of oil would be REALLY alot. You'd almost have to fill the oil at the same time as you fuel up.

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
my 4afe with 130,000 MILES that had a blown headgasket didn't lose any oil in the 7,000 miles i drove it with the bad hg before i did my swap

·
Country Hick
2001 Nissan Pulsar
1,339 Posts
Corollas dont burn oil after 100,000km, they will however if you change oil types, but this is only for a few changes. After the engine has been completly oiled up with the new oil it will stop burning it.

My rolla had 230,000 on it when i changed the engine and didnt burn a drop except when i changed from Shell Helix to Castrol at about 150,000 and then it only burnt a little and it was only for 3 changes till it got used to the oil that i'd put in it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Burning through oil-HELP!

My 2001 Corolla started burning through oil in September 2002-never had a problem before then but suddenly I am checking it every two days. I only drive 20 miles a day! Tops!

I just had the oil changed on 5/6 and I'm not due for another oil change for 2000 miles but I just added 2 quarts on 7/9.

Any theories? Toyota just changed the rings and pretty much rebuilt my engine in the process in March after I proved that this car uses way too much oil (the joy of an extened warranty!) but everyone is pretty close mouthed about why my little car uses more oil than a truck.

Now what!?!

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Jackie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts