Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering on purchasing an Avi Touring edition or the Maxima SE, but I a bit troubled here because both have good stock sounds (optional package of course). Can anyone tell me if the Avi's 12speaker count includes subs? If so, how many? The maxima is equipped with Bose speakers (8), which includes 2 subs. Max wattage is 320watts from Max vs. 360watts on the Avi. Please let me know. Thanks in advance! :)

·
X Avalon
316 Posts
its good enough for me

2 front speakers, 2 front tweeters, 1 mid speaker, 2 rear speakers, 2 rear tweeters, 1 subwoofer and 2 back speakers = 12

just FYI that the stereo is not replaceable at this moment because of the shape

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It may sound like I'm basing my decision solely on stock (optional) sounds, but it's one of the key features that I'm looking for in my new vehicle. I don't really want to mess with aftermarket products and get robbed by someone. I would just prefer the peace of mind of having stock upgraded sounds. Most cars nowadays are getting so much better with the quality and performance of stock sounds that imo, we really don't need to look elsewhere; but that's my 2 cents and I respect everyone else's opinion too. :)

I have to go test the sounds again today or tomorrow. When I tested the Max's sounds...omg I blew me away. Anyhow, we'll see when I go pump up the volume on the Avi's with my own cd. eheh.

·
Registered
266 Posts
The JBL system is bad a**! Don't try to get bass from any stock system though, it just aint gonna happen. Do what I'm doing, use the stock system but add a couple of subs. I heard both the Maxima and the Avalon, and the Avalon is way better, no comparison.

·
Registered
266 Posts
dtech83 said:
Does it really need another sub for the thump? I don't really like messing with aftermarket stuff unless it deals with lighting.
Of course it needs new subs! I removed my factory sub so there is a sort of "port" into the passenger area. The only hard part is getting a clean signal to the new amp. I got it figured out, though it's a little technical.

·
Registered
55 Posts
My mom has an 03 and the bose subs can bump pretty nice with just one Assuming it has improved in the newer years the subs will be enough. just to give you a base of how bumping the bose system is I am black so you know I bump the base. I can't help it the music requires it. But I have not heard the avi's sound system. As far as bose go you can't go wrong if it is an option that comes with the car. But you sould get the maxima because the new one comes with a semi-automatic transmission. I don't know if the avalon has it but basically you can have your cake and eat it to. there is an automatic mode and a manual control mode feeling lazy stick it in auto. Feeling sporty stick it in the manual mode. Plus the avalon is super big and fat. But I am positive you will not be dissapointed either way they are both definately nice cars and I am happy for you that you are getting one of the two. :smokin:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
muchachomalo said:
My mom has an 03 and the bose subs can bump pretty nice with just one Assuming it has improved in the newer years the subs will be enough. just to give you a base of how bumping the bose system is I am black so you know I bump the base. I can't help it the music requires it. But I have not heard the avi's sound system. As far as bose go you can't go wrong if it is an option that comes with the car. But you sould get the maxima because the new one comes with a semi-automatic transmission. I don't know if the avalon has it but basically you can have your cake and eat it to. there is an automatic mode and a manual control mode feeling lazy stick it in auto. Feeling sporty stick it in the manual mode. Plus the avalon is super big and fat. But I am positive you will not be dissapointed either way they are both definately nice cars and I am happy for you that you are getting one of the two. :smokin:
I test drove the max and avi, they both have sequential-shifting mode as standard for automatics. Max has Bose 8 speakers, which includes 2 tweeters and 2 subs @ 320 watts. The Avi has JBL Synthesis 12 speakers, which includes 4 tweeters and 1 sub @ 360 watts. I tested both of them and I think the Bose wins, but by a slight margin due to the extra sub for the extra thump. In any case the JBL's is really good too so I'm going with the Avi. Hopefully I'll have my TOURING by next week.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.