Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little embarrassing but my wife just got a 2019 Camry and I can't even figure out set things so the dome lights come on when the door is opened. No switch for off/on/door like most cars although it looks like the rear has that (but that doesn't seem to work eitehr). Or is the one in the rear the only door switch light? I was assuming the little ones up near the windshield would also be coming on.

thx (and so far I'm kinda glad I don't have all this fancy stuff)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Partly answered my own question. The rear lights do have an on/off/door position so that's working. But if the front lights can be operated with the doors, I've yet to figure it out

·
Registered
2018 Camry Hybrid LE
76 Posts
I think it depends what model. AFAICT, for my 2018 LE, the maps lights don't come on with the doors. The manual shows extra switches on the overhead console that I don't have in my LE.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is a 2019 LE and that seems to be the case with it as well. Oh well, it's her car so it won't be annoying me.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I'm not familiar with the LE, so this may not be applicable. On my XLE Hybrid there's a row of 4 buttons between (and slightly to the rear of) the individual map lights.

The second button from the left enables/disables "lights on/off linked to door positions". We have gremlins that turn the feature off from time to time (probably the same gremlin that locks out the passengers' ability to open their own windows:grin:)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Saw that in the manual too. But no pic of our LE two button setup so I figured I as missing something. I thought there was something I found in the manual regarding settings but I haven't found it again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts