Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
metamorphosis
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope this is not a dumb questions, but let's say I decide not to get the automatic bottle opener for my nitrous kit (nitrous express EFI stage 1 50 hp shot). And let's say i go for a long road trip (500+miles), and have the nitrous bottle opened since the start of the drive (in case I get to a stretch of freeway with no cops in site hehee ) The bottle is opened, but I will have the arming switch off. Is this ok for the nitrous bottle to be opened for, say, 1-2 hrs, since that'll be when I stop for gas, break, restroom, etc? Will nitrous leak out, or would it be harmful to the system? or should i invest in an automatic bottle opener...i rather not bec it's like $230! it's even more than the installation cost of the entire nitrous system!

·
metamorphosis
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
no opinions? i am planning on buying a nitrous express Stage 1 50hp shot nitrous kit this weekend, and if i "need" a remote bottle opener for when i go on long trips etc, i rather get it all installed at the same time...any advice i would really appreciate! thanks

·
Know God. Work Hard.
4Runner
2,194 Posts
I dont know the answer to your question, but I would say get the opener.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I would get the remote opener because if you leave the bottle open, the solinodes (sp?) will still leak a little bit of nitrous into the enigne. If it leaks alot while your engine is off, when you turn on your engine get ready for a big boom and some flying parts... (I think that big boom would cost more then the opener too.;) )

But I still think there is a chance of having the opener leak too.

·
poor college student
1,368 Posts
Yeah you are going to want to get an auto bottle opener. Trust me on this one.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Why not install the bottle under the seat or somethin? where you can reach it inside the car?

maybe thats a dumb suggestions....I know nothin about nitrous :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts